Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » African Cats (2011)

Author Topic: African Cats (2011)
John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2011 01:31 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Walt Disney Studios
Flat
6 reels
SR/SRD/DTS/SDDS
TES depot

Attached trailer: Chimpanzee
Loose in the Box: Winnie the Poo, Judy Moody

Special Note: Accompanied by an information sheet that reads as follows-

"African Cats is a six reel feature. Please note reel six consists of 575 feet and is shorter than the other 5 reels. Please make sure when building your print for exhibition that you include all six reels.

When breaking down the print for return, please make sure to cut at the proper reel changes and confirm all six reels are included in the shipping box. This will greatly help the next theatre when receiving their print.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation."

Hello? I think we can all count.

Now here is IMPORTANT INFORMATION that they did not include. Reel # 5 has a fade out and then a marked "cut here" frame line. Reel # 6 fades in to credits. The head leader is clearly marked with a "cut here" frame line.

CHANGEOVER HOUSES BEWARE!! I looked back 18 frames from the "cut here" line and the frames are completely black with NO cue marks, at least none that I could see. I then went back into the reel looking for the motor cue which should have appeared on a setting sun scene and couldn't find that either. So, good luck with your changeover from 5 to 6.

|  IP: Logged

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 04-22-2011 09:34 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Already posted here.

My screening print had normal lab cues on R5. Too bad if the normal prints do not.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: