Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009)

Author Topic: The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009)
John Wilson
Film God

- posted 11-16-2009 04:00 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
8 Reels

Scope
SR/SRD/DTS (No SDDS on ours)
Fuji Print

Attached in Australia:
Planet 51 - Flat

[ 11-17-2009, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: Adam Martin ]

|  IP: Logged

Michael Hossen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2009 02:53 AM      Profile for Michael Hossen   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Hossen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got the whole print today, John. It's 8 reels.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 11-17-2009 03:14 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Michael. I tried to edit thst original post but time has expired. (?) Maybe Adam will come to the rescue and sort it to the correct reel count.

Unfortunately, the wonderful (!) people at Hoyts Distribution decided we should only get reels 1,3 5 and 7 Monday and 'sometime Wednesday' they'll deliver 2,4,6 (and apparently) 8.

Keep in mind we open it at midnight Wednesday so two prints to build on an ad make-up day...and for what reason? None. It's already on the net for download!

Why on earth they can't be reasonable and realise 1,2,3 and 4 is just as useless to a potential pirate as 1,3,5 and 7. To me it makes a big difference...I can then build the 1st half of the prints. As it is, they should have just kept the whole thing...in fact, next time they can.

Let's hope there's nothing wrong with the prints. [thumbsdown]

It's crap like this that makes me realize I've just about had enough of this shit.

Michael Hossen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2009 08:27 AM      Profile for Michael Hossen   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Hossen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reel 6 is very short, about 9 min. The credits occupy about 2/3 of reel 8.

Joe Elliott
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-20-2009 04:37 AM      Profile for Joe Elliott   Email Joe Elliott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Attached (and misframed on both ends) in US: Letters to Juliet.

Jarret Chessell
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-20-2009 06:38 PM      Profile for Jarret Chessell   Email Jarret Chessell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone else having trouble with the dolby digital track? I'm having random drops over the entire print (several times during end credits). It looks like it was printed too fast as I have white specs on some frames. (As an added bonus, the DTS disc B was destroyed when shipping it in the film can)

In Ontario it had "Remember Me" & "Letter to Juliet" attached. (not sure if it was out of frame as I measured and trimmed a little).

Karl Borowski
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-20-2009 08:52 PM      Profile for Karl Borowski   Email Karl Borowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
White spec.'s aren't caused by the speed at which it was printed, at least not directly.

That's IN/DN dust (Inter-/Duplicate negative) on the printing element used to strike the release prints.

If they have to strike a God-awful 2000 prints at one facility, it is more understandable being rushed to clean the film and inspect for scratches.

I saw not only quite a bit of IN dust, but also some partial IN scratches on at least one of our prints last night. Will have to check the number, not that that is any indication that all prints from that IN are affected.

I've always wondered the actual method used to determine how many INs are made, and if they are used until they literally wear themselves out, or if each lab only gets one each unless they ruin theirs.

I also wonder why prints are sent where colors don't match from reel to reel. I assume they just do runs on one reel continuously for all of their prints, then switch to the next reel, but if they are all made from the same IN, you'd think that it wouldn't be so hard to get colors to match, as opposed to having to match different internegatives.

Jonathan Althaus
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-21-2009 10:55 AM      Profile for Jonathan Althaus   Email Jonathan Althaus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, we've had Dolby issues as well. One of our B discs was completely missing.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 11-10-2011 12:39 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 719 days since the last post.

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-10-2011 12:39 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know the digital version credit offset?

Justin Gorka
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-13-2011 12:00 PM      Profile for Justin Gorka   Email Justin Gorka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
02:04:08 from sheet

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: