Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » Rope (1948)

Author Topic: Rope (1948)
Alex Rolfe
Film Handler

- posted 05-01-2009 10:01 PM      Profile for Alex Rolfe   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Rolfe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
5 Reels
1.33:1, color, mono
Universal Pictures/Deluxe Film Rejuventation

print #3 in excellent shape.

|  IP: Logged

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 05-03-2009 07:46 PM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, this is 1.37:1 Academy, not 1.33:1 Silent. (I don't really understand why there is so much confusion about this...)

This print is from 2007 on 2383 polyester, and is quite beautiful. It is also uncut! (Never been plattered.)

And it has the awesome green-ringed cue dots indicative of Technicolor.

-

Oh yes. Reel 1 came with a very nice trailer attached (apparently printed in 2007 as well). Hopefully you can get it from Uni in advance of your playdate if you ask nicely. (We've left it on a core in the can.)

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 08-25-2012 07:48 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 1209 days since the last post.

Ted Fendt
Film Handler

- posted 08-25-2012 07:48 AM      Profile for Ted Fendt   Email Ted Fendt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Print #2 - Platter
1.37 - Mono

Screened at IFC Center 8/20/12. Picture and sound were excellent.

Only issue with print is that it looked like no one who had handled it before had ever bothered to remove any of the splicing tape when plattering it or breaking it down. I took the time to remove all the excess layers of tape and clean off the gunk. I double spliced all reels. If you handle this print in the future, please take better care of it and remove the splicing tape.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: