Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » Wall • E

Author Topic: Wall • E
Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 06-20-2008 03:38 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
6 Reels
2.39 Scope
SR.D DTS SDDS
1hr38mins (Feature Only)

Attached: Bolt trailer, "Presto" short (5mins).

Search bait: Wall E Wall-E WallE

|  IP: Logged

Jake Lafree
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2008 02:19 PM      Profile for Jake Lafree   Author's Homepage   Email Jake Lafree   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice that DHL brought our "Wall-E" prints today (Wednesday) instead of Thursday [thumbsup] ....does anyone remember if "Ratatouille" came 2 days early last year? Because I don't remember...

- Reel 6 is about 40% full
- Edit: DTS-ES/SRD-EX
- Projection trading cards enclosed and also a "Projection Notice"....usual Pixar goodies
- Trading card mentions Reels 4 and 5 both end in black but there are "cut here" indicators. Haven't actually built print yet though, so I will confirm this later.

Enclosed:
- Beverly Hills Chihuahua
- Meet Dave
- Tale of Despereaux
- Madagascar 2
- Pink Panther 2
- Perfect Game
- Journey to the Center of the Earth
- Fly Me to the Moon
- Longshots

Jake Lafree
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2008 10:54 PM      Profile for Jake Lafree   Author's Homepage   Email Jake Lafree   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Buena Vista
Distributed through Technicolor, printed by Deluxe

- Reel 6 is 99% credits (fades in from black to tannish-colored background with white credits)

- Some of the "Cut Here" marks are incorrect (at least on my 3 prints). Either they are a half sprocket off or 1 full sprocket off. I used a long piece of leader to find a frame line and check. The tail of Reel 4 is true black, and thus, the hardest. The tail of Reel 5 and head of Reel 6 are also both black, yet you can see the framing lines on those.

Matt Kerekes
Film Handler

- posted 06-26-2008 08:00 PM      Profile for Matt Kerekes   Email Matt Kerekes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a hard time with the head of Reel 5, I could not see the frame lines. I found the word "REBOOT" was aligned with the 3rd sprocket hole of the frame, because a few frames later a shape popped up above the word.

Jake Lafree
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-26-2008 09:10 PM      Profile for Jake Lafree   Author's Homepage   Email Jake Lafree   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, on that "reboot" frame head I had to use leader and trace back to a frame line closer to the head of the head.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-27-2008 10:00 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To clarify - The "cut here" arrows are all 1 perf off. If you leave 1 perf in front of the end of the arrow when you cut, you will be on the frame line.

I'll bet there will be a lot of non Film-Tech readers who have bad splices tonight!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: