Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » Prince Caspian : Narnia 2 - (2008)

Author Topic: Prince Caspian : Narnia 2 - (2008)
Robert LaValley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-14-2008 05:06 PM      Profile for Robert LaValley   Email Robert LaValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scope
9 - reels

attached trailer is wall-e

reel number 3 has a night scene at the end of it but my print was marked with a "last frame of action" frame so it was easy to make the cut for the splice.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-14-2008 06:37 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
The beginning of reel 7 is not to be cut at the first visible frame. You need to put the “3” of the countdown leader into your frame counter and zero the counter. Then pull exactly 3 feet and 0 frames through it (this is 48 frames total) and cut there. That will leave you with 1 foot and 5 frames (20 frames total) of “black” WHICH IS TO BE LEFT ON THE PRINT before the first image is seen on the edge of the frame. Do not accidentally cut the film at the first visible frame line of reel 7 or you will be chopping off 20 frames of audio.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 05-15-2008 04:23 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same thing can be accomplished if you place the #3 of another reel head on the #3 of the head you are trying to cut. For those who don't have frame counters.

movie is: SRD/SDDS/DTS/Cyan

TES depot

Tom Doyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-16-2008 08:41 AM      Profile for Tom Doyle   Email Tom Doyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Both of the prints I handled are on Kodak 2393 - Vision Premier filmstock [thumbsup]

Jake Lafree
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-17-2008 06:25 PM      Profile for Jake Lafree   Author's Homepage   Email Jake Lafree   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All 3 of my prints were Deluxe (although they still came from our normal Technicolor courier, DHL).

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-17-2008 09:19 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Jack, I can assure you that what you just posted is flat out incorrect.

Ross Oba
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2008 09:15 PM      Profile for Ross Oba   Email Ross Oba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is distributed via Technicolor, but the film is printed by Deluxe. At least that was what both of our prints had been.

I believe there was a note with National Treasure 2 about Disney switching to Deluxe for printing. I was disappointed when that happened because we have a larger error rate (digital sound failure) with prints by Deluxe than Technicolor.

Jeremy Jorgenson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2008 07:22 AM      Profile for Jeremy Jorgenson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeremy Jorgenson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Title:
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

and if anybody cares, the Polish title:
Opowieści z Narnii. Książę Kaspian

Jake Lafree
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-27-2008 10:00 PM      Profile for Jake Lafree   Author's Homepage   Email Jake Lafree   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Printed by Deluxe, whatever. You know what I meant.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-29-2008 08:44 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed the credits: Print by DeLuxe (domestic) and Technicolor elsewhere. Wonder if the Technicolor prints are any better? All of my prints had at least one lab splice per reel. I didnt screen any of them, but I almost bet that there was a color shift that I would have noticed had I done this.

I cut them all out.

Jake, you just need to go back and edit your original post.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: