Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-29-2007 11:53 AM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dist: Warner Bros
Reels: 8
Format: Scope
Depot: Deluxe Film Services

Attached: Fred Clause

|  IP: Logged

Jake Lafree
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2007 04:28 AM      Profile for Jake Lafree   Author's Homepage   Email Jake Lafree   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any fade-ins/fade-outs?

Anything special at end of credits?

Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2007 02:00 PM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was a DefCon Delta screening with guys with Tazers and stuff. Staff didn't report any complications with building. No pre-screening and immediate breakdown. So, have nothing to report.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 07-03-2007 04:27 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Paul Konen
So, have nothing to report.
Not even the sound format on the print.

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-09-2007 04:00 AM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any information as to what trailers will be coming with the film, besides what is already attached?

Anslem Rayburn
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-09-2007 05:58 AM      Profile for Anslem Rayburn   Email Anslem Rayburn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our print came with :

Fred Clause (attached)
Stardust
A combo trailer 10,000 B.C. / Get Smart
Enchanted
The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep
The Dark is Rising
Bratz
Becoming Jane
Golden Compass

Note in can said we were required to program all included WB trailers (which meant the attached and the combo).

Some anti-piracy cards were also included.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-09-2007 06:47 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is totally unrelated, but now that 2 people have made the same mistake I gotta say it:

It's Fred CLAUS, there is no E at the end of that word.

I blame the Tim Allen "Santa Clause" movies for making at least half the population spell Santa's name wrong on a regular basis.

And now, back to Potter info. Any extra material at the end after the credits??

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-09-2007 08:42 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Be extra careful with the splice in between R6 and R7. It is extremely dark. Best to use your frame counter from the leader as a reference frameline.

Also, the end credits are about 80% of R8 and start with black text over a bright background.

Sam King
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2007 01:11 AM      Profile for Sam King   Email Sam King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The hard drive is only 91GB. Very small considering Transformers was 250.

Anslem Rayburn
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2007 01:16 AM      Profile for Anslem Rayburn   Email Anslem Rayburn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
And now, back to Potter info. Any extra material at the end after the credits??
Nope.

And sorry about Santa Claus. I don't think I have ever typed his name before, and the word clause just naturally completed itself out of habit.

Jake Lafree
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2007 02:02 AM      Profile for Jake Lafree   Author's Homepage   Email Jake Lafree   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SR/SRD/SDDS/DTS (cyan)
Technicolor Prints

Don't forget to cut the green screen out (as I did) between 10,000 BC and Get Smart if you normally cut them.

This was the most challenging print I have built all summer. The cut at the end of Reel 6 was bad, and the cut at the head of Reel 7 was fu%#$&* horse-sh$$!! Why couldn't there be white frame lines or at least "Splice Here" indicators??? Technicolor had "Splice Here" on all the heads and tails of Ocean's 13 (which was not necessary as that was a much easier build) but they couldn't put them on Harry Potter? SCREW YOU TECHNICOLOR [fu] [Mad] [fu]

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2007 04:18 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Learn from your master Jake, use the leader to find your frames. [Smile]

AJG

Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2007 09:33 AM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These are not TECHNICOLOR prints. Distributed by Deluxe Film Services.

Also, I found that there was a negative splice line just down from final frame. Just use clear leader to get back to the frame.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-10-2007 10:44 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Deluxe Film Services (formerely ETS) depot distributed the prints.

Technicolor labs printed the film.

This is the way all Warner prints are.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-10-2007 12:13 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also be careful if you cut out the extra black between the trailer and the start of the feature. One of the marks to cut at are out of frame. I have seen this several times on Warner titles. I wish they would stop putting so much black between the trailers and the feature.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: