Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » Oceans 13 (2007)

Author Topic: Oceans 13 (2007)
Jerry Axelsson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-06-2007 04:57 AM      Profile for Jerry Axelsson   Email Jerry Axelsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Warner Bros. Pictures
Scope 2.35
SRD / SDDS / DTS / SR (Cyan)
6 Reels
Technicolor

Attached:
Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 06-06-2007 07:26 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Note, this was going to be an SDDS-8 film.

The Sound format changed after I spoke with its sound editor Larry Blake (see his post below)...maybe next time we'll be back to 8+ channels.

[ 06-24-2007, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Steve Guttag ]

Joel Craig
Film Handler

- posted 06-06-2007 02:08 PM      Profile for Joel Craig   Email Joel Craig       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you know the running time?

Jeremy Jorgenson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-06-2007 09:53 PM      Profile for Jeremy Jorgenson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeremy Jorgenson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ocean's Thirteen

PG-13
122 min.

Attached in USA:
License to Wed

Enclosed:
American Gangster
Becoming Jane
I Am Legend
Live Free or Die Hard
A Mighty Heart
Ratatouille
Rescue Dawn
Rush Hour 3
Sicko
Vantage Point

(That's in my one set of cans. Enclosed sheet also claims that Feast of Love, Talk To Me and Stardust are possible enclosures too.)

Jake Lafree
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-07-2007 03:15 AM      Profile for Jake Lafree   Author's Homepage   Email Jake Lafree   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quick fade-out at the end of Reel 5, I believe it was.
No problems though!--frame lines are easily visible and I had "Splice Here" markers on all heads and tails of my reels, on both prints.

happy building!

John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-07-2007 04:50 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All three of my prints on Kodak 2393 stock. [thumbsup]

Blaine Young
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-08-2007 08:42 PM      Profile for Blaine Young   Email Blaine Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reel 5 has quick fades/swipes at the head and tail of the reel. In good light, even without the "splice here" marks, the frame lines are easily visible.

Our three prints came in "Fox Boxes".

SDDS doesn't even list the film on their page. DTS discs are standard 6-track and Dolby does not auto-decode in EX.

Jake Lafree
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-08-2007 10:44 PM      Profile for Jake Lafree   Author's Homepage   Email Jake Lafree   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is there an echo in here.....?

Blaine Young
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-08-2007 11:55 PM      Profile for Blaine Young   Email Blaine Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No echo - I'm confirming that it was reel 5 (you indicated "I believe" which leaves some doubt) and adding that it was at the end of the reel (as you stated) AND the beginning of the reel as well.

Larry Blake
Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2007 09:53 PM      Profile for Larry Blake   Email Larry Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone:

Larry Blake, Ocean's Thirteen supervising sound editor/re-recording mixer here.

Just to be clear, as stated in the thread in the Film Handlers forum about the O13 leaders, O13 is 5.1 in all versions, including SDDS. (I had spoken w/Steve Guttag about it being 7.1 before the final mix, but the mix format changed at that point.)

It is also NOT Dolby EX, and has just standard stereo surrounds. Bonus points to the person who can tell me what I did with the sub and surround channels that's different than most mixes.

Re: Reel 5 beginning and ending in black fames. I make sure the "splice here" and Reel #/heads/tails frames were there on the leaders partly because we had black images at the beginning and end of Reel 5 and I wanted to help you guys correct for this, which is something that we try to avoid, but was unavoidable.

Thanks for listening.

Larry Blake

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: