Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » Next (2007)

Author Topic: Next (2007)
Jake Lafree
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-25-2007 10:24 PM      Profile for Jake Lafree   Author's Homepage   Email Jake Lafree   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NEXT

Paramount
Scope
Deluxe
SR/SRD/SDDS/DTS
6 Reels (Reel 1 is short)
---> BE CAREFUL when the credits start on reel 6, there is about 17 frames of credits misprinted. The last scene ends and goes directly to black, then you will see the misprinted credits, then the legit credits start after that (with "Unit Production Manager"....etc) (unless this is part of the movie somehow, will know after we screen it)
Would like to know if anyone else had this misprint on their print

Attached: Stardust

In Box:
Superbad
Ocean's 13
Transformers

|  IP: Logged

Jake Lafree
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-26-2007 03:07 AM      Profile for Jake Lafree   Author's Homepage   Email Jake Lafree   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, after screening it I regret cutting out the "credit misprint" right after the last scene. If I would've left it in for the screening I would know for sure whether it was intentional or not. After seeing the movie I could see how it could work. I don't want to further explain this and possibly spoil the movie for anyone though. (great movie, by the way [thumbsup] )

I say if someone has this "credit misprint" on their print, screen it without cutting it out and let me know if it was intentional or not, as I saved the film and could always splice it back in. Thanks!

Ross Oba
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-26-2007 05:42 AM      Profile for Ross Oba   Email Ross Oba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will check this out tomorrow, but I have a feeling it was intentional and went along with the plotline.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 04-26-2007 01:26 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's intentional.

Also the credits roll in reverse (top to bottom)and read bottom to top.

My print also had a 'Captivity' teaser enclosed.

Jake Lafree
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-26-2007 02:17 PM      Profile for Jake Lafree   Author's Homepage   Email Jake Lafree   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, thanks Aaron! I have a pretty good idea now how that 'works'. I'll splice that strip back in tomorrow on my booth double.

Also forgot to mention the credits roll in reverse (top to bottom) as opposed to the traditional bottom to top. Kind of a cool effect to better demonstrate the idea of "what's coming next".

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: