Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » Shortbus (2006)

Author Topic: Shortbus (2006)
Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 07-26-2006 08:31 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Think Films
Flat 1.85
SRD / SR
7 Reels
Deluxe

TES

NOTE: Reel 1 is a half reel and reel 7 is 1/8 of a reel with end credits.

Also Beware of extra Low sub action, twice in the film.

Another thing to watch out for is making the first cut before the ThinkFilm logo, there is audio a few frames before it. [Eek!]

[ 10-05-2006, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Bill Gabel ]

|  IP: Logged

John Koutsoumis
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2006 07:07 PM      Profile for John Koutsoumis   Email John Koutsoumis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Australian distributor: Hopscotch

Soundtrack also printed in Cyan

102 mins

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 10-05-2006 03:31 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone confirm or deny that the US prints have cyan tracks? If so, this may be a problem....

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 10-05-2006 04:14 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The original answer prints came from DuArt with a regular SRD / SR track. The release prints that we handled are from Deluxe Toronto and it was a regular track too.

Patrick Matthews
Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2006 04:14 PM      Profile for Patrick Matthews   Email Patrick Matthews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On my notes I have from a press screening I ran a few weeks ago I do not show it was cyan.

John Koutsoumis
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2006 10:11 PM      Profile for John Koutsoumis   Email John Koutsoumis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't recall where the print I screened was struck but I make no mistake, it was a cyan track. May have being a different batch or different lab.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 10-15-2006 04:48 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my print was not cyan, thankfully

R6 and R7 can be combined to comfortably fit on a single reel. If you do this (or make it up for platter use) be careful when cutting the tail of R6; there is no obvious place to cut and finding it requires matching up the soundtrack with the head of R7. It is possible to count 24 frames after the changeover cue on R6, but the cues are small and hard to see on the bench.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: