Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » Incredibles, The (2004)

Author Topic: Incredibles, The (2004)
Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 10-24-2004 04:02 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"The Incredibles"
Buena Vista
6 reels
Scope / MUL (SR∙D, DTS, SDDS)

R1 includes short subject: "Boundin'"
Short subject is 1.85-within-Scope / MUL

Trailers (printed on): "Cars" (2005)
Trailers (loose): none with this show print

Depot: TES

|  IP: Logged

Hannes Helfenstein
Film Handler

- posted 10-25-2004 08:12 AM      Profile for Hannes Helfenstein   Author's Homepage   Email Hannes Helfenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Should be Surround EX and DTS-ES encoded as well according to dolby.com and dtsonline.com. Is there any information (like Auto-EX or DTS-ES print on the DTS-CDs) about that?

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 10-25-2004 09:30 AM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have disks with this print. I didn't see anything on the leaders but the Dolby credit does say Surround EX.

Eric Hooper
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-25-2004 04:55 PM      Profile for Eric Hooper   Email Eric Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Total run time?

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-25-2004 05:45 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith is scheduled to be enclosed with this feature.

Other contract enclosures: National Treasure/Chicken Little Combo trl.
Pooh's Heffalump Movie.

Buena Vista states that contract theaters must play one of the two enclosed BV trailers. If you are planning on receiving National Treasure, they reccomend that you play the combo, otherwise program the other trailer.

[ 11-02-2004, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Steve Scott ]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-25-2004 06:07 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Run time = 115 according to the I.M.E.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 10-25-2004 09:06 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Total RT (with short): Approx 119 min.

First block of end credits are enjoyably animated. Expect many people to stay for for this part.

Scott Brewer
Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2004 05:20 PM      Profile for Scott Brewer   Email Scott Brewer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it is EX.

Trust me

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-03-2004 07:12 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it is EX.

Yes it has a short "Boundin" attached to reel 1 (that is to be considered part of the feature).

Yes the attached trailer is "Cars".

NO there is no Star Wars trailer accompanying the print.

Loose trailers are:
Sand Dog
Madagascar
Son of the Mask
Chicken Little/National Treasure combo
Christmas with the Kranks

Also enclosed are the "Incredibles projectionist information cheezy trading cards".

quote: from card #2
"the attachments and feature will differ in format, but the one you need to set is Scope, 2.39:1. Anything else and the audience will lose image left and right which is critical to the proper presentation of the feature itself." - Brad Bird, writer and director.
Hey Mr.Bird...if the projectionists run the film in flat, 1.85:1 , you WILL see all of the image on the sides. It's the image at the top and bottom that will be cropped off. Geez, does noone proof these things? [Razz]

Oh yeah, and if you think I'm gonna lower my light levels down to 16fl, you're nuts! [Cool]

The cards also mention a website "dedicated to you". It's http://projection.pixar.com with username filmhero and password scope

Cory Isemann
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2004 09:01 AM      Profile for Cory Isemann   Author's Homepage   Email Cory Isemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Sand Dog" = new Star Wars trailer

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2004 05:42 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cue dots are, indeed, the incredibles logo.

Oh wow... the coolness... [Roll Eyes]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-04-2004 06:47 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Updated running time (according to one of those cards:) 121 minutes.

FWIW, the trailer "CARS" is also supposed to be considered part of the feature. (No cutting of the print.)

Just checked ebay...surprised none of those cards have turned up there yet.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 11-04-2004 08:06 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That running time presumably includes the Cars trailer.

It's the image at the top and bottom that will be cropped off. Geez, does noone proof these things?

Given the wording it sounds like he was talking about side masking. Since our orders are not to run trailers we opened on Boundin' with side masking at 1.85 and opened it on the fade to black to reveal the Disney logo in full 2.39. It looked great.

Dean Kollet
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-05-2004 12:47 AM      Profile for Dean Kollet   Email Dean Kollet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, Sand Dog = Episode III
I'll have to say that I like the little trading cards and the sweepstakes advertisement on the back. It's something little and cheesy, but I was impressed...

edit: Also, the DTS Trailer disks list the Trailer as "Sand Dog: Nostalgia"

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: