Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » Two Brothers

Author Topic: Two Brothers
Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2004 05:47 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Universal
TES
6 Reels (R3 Less than full)
Scope
SRD/DTS/SDDS
105 min.
Valenti Rating: PG

Attached: Thunderbirds
Enclosed: Super Babies: Baby Geniuses 2
Yu Gi Oh!

Muted Soundtrack during Universal logo.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2004 11:10 AM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think it had SDDS because my print had clear edges.

Also, heads and tails were printed in French because they used a lab in Canada.

Josh Kirkhart
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-26-2004 01:04 AM      Profile for Josh Kirkhart   Email Josh Kirkhart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My print had a regular english head(yellow title highlight) on the first reel with no attached trailer. About, I want to say ten to twenty feet after the soundtrack-less Logo was a clear splice. The tail was like the other reels with the french. My guess is something was wrong with the original Logo on the print and was replaced by reprints from another lab(although said clear splice was during the actual feature).

Indeed no SDDS as different reels were on preprinted green-edge stock with no SDDS info, and plain stock. The cans were labeled Quad.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 06-28-2004 01:06 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the printer soundhead light for the SDDS is left on, you will have data-less cyan-colored edges if the sound negative did not have SDDS recorded. If the printer soundhead light is turned off, you will have clear edges.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-29-2004 05:09 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Verified, definitely no SDDS track.

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-20-2004 09:05 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope this is not classed as chit chat.

Does anyone know what format it was shot on?

From the trailers it looks like it was shot on video.

I looked on the IMDB which says that it's 35mm Panavision. [Confused]

EDIT: OK i've been reading up.

It's a mix of DV and 35mm. (Mostly DV). Film was used for some of the slow motion scenes.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 07-20-2004 09:45 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Much of it was shot on HD video:

HBS Review

quote:
"Two Brothers", however, has regrettably been shot in High Definition video (with the occasional 35mm sequence), and the film has a pasty, grainy video look to it, and comes off as more distracting than visually sound. (Most likely that because the HD has been blown up for Cinemascope 35mm prints, everything is magnified.) I understand the use of digital photography to get closer to the animals, and I'll admit that they act beautifully infront of cameras, but the film is nearly an eyesore.

Oregon Live Review

quote:
Much of "Two Brothers" was shot on digital HD (that would be videotape, though a very nice brand of it), so the film often has that unsavory video flicker whenever anyone or the camera moves too quickly. Cinephiles will be appalled,

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: