Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » Peter Pan (1924)

Author Topic: Peter Pan (1924)
Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 01-12-2004 10:17 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
5 reels
flat/1.33 - full aperture silent
no track (obviously)
24fps

Paramount Pictures, now distributed by Kino International
"Bonded Services" depot

no print number

this print is a beautiful tinted print made in 1999 on color stock; it's used, but in decent shape; all reels feature a "parade of cue marks"--all Clint Phare handmade cues

|  IP: Logged

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 12-09-2004 03:39 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Must be Print#2 which I just ran and, as of 5 Dec 04, has maintained the same overall condition indicated by Scott, with the same 8, sometime 10 cues marks in a row for both sync start and change-over cues.

I covered this obscene mutilation with Letraset line applique tape (it is just wide enough to cover the diameter of the circles); this results in what looks like the image momentarily getting narrower on the right side of the screen, like a vertical matte intruding into the picture for a second. It certainly is visible enough for a cue, but not nearly as distracting as those horrid circles dancing around like bugs (many frames had two and three circles etched on top of each other).

If anyone can't deal with the line and doesn't know what to do unless he sees circles, then the applique lines can be gently and cleanly removed. But such a need denotes serious mental retardation and indicates the immediate need for medical attention as well as the removal from any booth and a restraining order keeping him at least 300 feet from any print. Same goes for the orangutan who so etched this very nice looking print.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 12-10-2004 11:56 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw this outside Chicago. Unfortunately it was shown with what looked like a Scope plate not full width so there was some left side loss of credits at the start. Inter-titles through the film were fine and didn't even seem off-center. Not sure why.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 12-13-2004 02:01 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With the Simplex 35, all I had to do to correct for proper centerline was to adjust the lens shift screw. The theatre you saw it in might have done the same - Centuries have that adjustment to, although I've seen guys just kick the whole projector over a tad. If you have a common height design, the primary lens in the scope lens/attachment should be the exact FL that is needed for silent full frame. I just unscrewed the ISCO anamorphic attachments; all I had to do was to file 2 new scope plates to accomodate the wider image. If you have single piece combo anamorphics, you're stuck. You've gotta hunt around for the proper additional flat lenses.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 12-13-2004 06:57 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I meant centered in the projected aperture, not where it was on the screen.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: