Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » Anything Else

Author Topic: Anything Else
Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 09-02-2003 11:10 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dreamworks
Scope / 2.40 (True Scope)
MONO SRD / SDDS / DTS / SR (Standard Woody Allen sound)
6 Reels
Technicolor

TRT: 108 mins.

Studio Print

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan M. Crist
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-02-2003 12:35 PM      Profile for Jonathan M. Crist   Email Jonathan M. Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did your print have the new Cyan soundtrack? If so, was there any noticeable differnce in quality etc?

Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-05-2003 09:46 AM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, It has the new cyan track.

Here is an image

-

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-05-2003 01:18 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are all prints cyan track? [Eek!]

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 09-05-2003 06:29 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, if the notice sent to theatres from DreamWorks is correct.

-Aaron

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 09-06-2003 07:58 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul: Your photo looks quite yellow in overall color balance, such that the cyan track looks green rather than the sky-blue cyan it is.

All others: Even if you normally play digital sound, I hope you will play and listen to the full analog track at least once, and report your subjective impression of the sound quality (compared to conventional analog tracks) in the Film Handler's Forum. Do provide information on the type of analog reader and sound processor you are using there as well.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 09-08-2003 08:17 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first print was High-Magenta. I have three High-Magenta prints and one Cyan print in my booth now.

We handle screenings for Woody Allen here in NYC.

Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2003 08:26 AM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, It was my first attempt with taking a picture with a Bevan-Poo and primary scope lense. It was backlit with the light (compact florescent) from the build up table.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 09-23-2003 01:47 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's another scan of the track:

-

Also, R4 (?) begins with a dark scene. There is a huge "SPLICE HERE" frame immediately before the first frame of picture. I'm sure that mediocre projectionists at changeover houses will love this one. [Mad]

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-08-2003 06:29 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
MONO SRD / SDDS / DTS / SR (Standard Woody Allen sound)
I don't get it. How can it be mono and SR? And why would you bother with mono if you have all three digital formats?? For that matter, isn't the optical track suppsed to automatically be SR if you have SRD?

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 10-08-2003 08:34 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All of Woody's films are mono. You are only using the center channel. I only post it like that because thats what the leaders state as the sound info.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 10-08-2003 09:57 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How can it be mono and SR?
Easy, put the same mono track on both the left and right channels and you've got yourself a mono centre channel mix.

Just because you're encoding the track with SR matrixing and noise reduction doesn't mean you have to use all of the (matrixed) channels.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: