Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » Bad Boys 2

Author Topic: Bad Boys 2
Paul Salley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-17-2003 04:20 PM      Profile for Paul Salley   Email Paul Salley       Edit/Delete Post 
BAD BOYS 2
SONY Pictures
ETS Delivery
RunTime: 147minutes

SCOPE Format
QUAD Sound
8 Reels

Enclosed:
The Run Down
Open Range
Once Upon A Time In Mexico
Whole Ten Yards
UnderWorld
Out Of Time
The Order
Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Attached: SWAT

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-17-2003 06:07 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Oooooooooooooooooh interesting! Some prints of this are being printed at the Technicolor lab, while what I would assume is the majority being printed at Deluxe. Besides the steadier image of the Technicolor prints, those are also on Vision Premiere stock, whereas Deluxe used regular Premiere stock.

By the way, warning to changeover projectionists: the leaders frequently have clear frames right up to the first and last "real" frame of picture on the reel. I saw this from both labs, but the Deluxe print had more instances of it.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 07-18-2003 05:01 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Deluxe Toronto
Kodak 2383

'Regular Premiere' eh? Is that a type of motor fuel, or just another name for Kodak VISION? [Razz]

BTW, you're not supposed to project the leaders when doing changeovers, you're supposed to make frame accurate changeovers. Duh!

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-18-2003 05:05 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Doh, I meant regular Vision, not regular Premiere. Film stock 2383. You knew what I meant anyway!

Regarding the clear frames, remember not everyone is Steve Guttag. [Razz]

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 07-18-2003 10:31 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kodak VISION Premier Color Print Film 2393 costs a bit more than "regular" VCP 2383, because it uses more silver and couplers to achieve the "richer" blacks and more saturated colors. So sometimes labs are asked to supply prints on a mix of the two stocks, depending upon the picture and the market. I've even heard of cases where one or two reels were printed on 2393 if the scenes required the extra contrast (e.g., a reel with mostly underexposed night scenes). You can tell which one you have by looking at the magenta edgeprint ID.

Kevin Fassbind
Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2003 07:55 PM      Profile for Kevin Fassbind   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SDDS 8-Channel

Greetings

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: