Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » Matrix Reloaded (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Matrix Reloaded
Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 05-06-2003 07:16 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Matrix Reloaded"
Warner Bros.
7 reels
ETS
Scope (Super 35) / MUL (SR + all digitals)
Anti videotaping title card ahead of WB logo.
Revolutions trailer at end of credits.

The management of our theatre and
Warner Bros. would like to remind our customers
that filming the picture off our screen is strictly
against the law and violators will be prosecuted.
If you notice anyone recording this film, please
notify the management.

|  IP: Logged

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 05-07-2003 12:26 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to the Dolby website, "The Matrix Reloaded" has been mixed for Dolby Digital Surround EX.

Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-09-2003 09:18 AM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to Movieline International, it will NOT be in EX.

Aldo Baez
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2003 03:25 AM      Profile for Aldo Baez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So is this in EX or not? I'd like to know for which digital trailer to put on.

Jacob Huber
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-12-2003 05:15 AM      Profile for Jacob Huber   Email Jacob Huber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just checked DolbyLabs.com, and it says that it is not an EX print.

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2003 04:08 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have three prints, and I built one up today. It did not have the anti-piracy disclaimer. Attached trailer was The Last Samurai.

AJG

Jim Alexander
Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2003 03:45 PM      Profile for Jim Alexander   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Alexander   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ours had Terminator 2 and The Last Samurai attached

Justin McLeod
Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2003 07:19 PM      Profile for Justin McLeod   Email Justin McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question about how you folks here are building up Matrix Reloaded. At the head and tail of the reels, I noticed that the audio still continues past where the picture ends.Is this part of the movie? Im just curious to know where you are making your cut? Are you leaving a visible ID tag to help break down the print, or are you cutting where the audio continues and ends into the black frames?

Kyle Watkins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2003 07:52 PM      Profile for Kyle Watkins   Email Kyle Watkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is also a short preview after the credits. Acording to the DTS disk serial # it is in EX.

Aldo Baez
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-14-2003 01:17 AM      Profile for Aldo Baez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Arg so is this in EX or not?!

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 05-14-2003 03:04 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stock: Kodak 2383
Lab: Technicolor

Revolutions trailer was spliced on with 8 perf tape.

Justin, that's just the audio pull-up's... like on every film. [Smile]

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 05-14-2003 04:06 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No it is not EX encoded. THe prints that I have had the SRDEX scratched out in the sound ID section of the heads and tails

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-14-2003 05:13 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting, the dts serial number is a 5 digit, but the first is a "0", so while technically it is a 5 digit number, it is a 4 digit number.

To add further confusion, my leaders had "SRD-EX" clearly written on them.

Justin McLeod
Film Handler

- posted 05-14-2003 08:13 AM      Profile for Justin McLeod   Email Justin McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Audio pullups huh, Matrix reloaded is the only print I have ever built up that has an Audio pullup that that looks like it's not supposed to be cut off from the main reel. I did 2 reels like that for a print check to be screened late last night for reloaded ( I did notify my management of it though before I started the first reel ).Usually, I can clearly tell where to cut ( even based on the audio pullup ). Matrix Reloaded fooled me, but It's an easy fix since it does not open till late tonight, but thanks for the info though. That helps out alot!

Michael Barry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-14-2003 01:03 PM      Profile for Michael Barry   Email Michael Barry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think this movie is in EX/ES.

The clues for me are that our print did not pulse the CP-650 into AUTO-EX mode, and in addition to this, the end credits make absolutely no mention of it. All you have are the regular Dolby and DTS logos.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: