Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » Confidence

Author Topic: Confidence
John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2003 11:16 AM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lions Gate Films
Scope
5 Reels
SR/SRD/DTS/SDDS
TES

Attached: Godsend (see note below)

Loose: Hard Word
28 Days Later

Special Note: The "attached" trailer was spliced on after printing. You will have to make a choice about presentation. If you were lucky, TES made the cut at the proper place and did not cut the analog soundtrack, which preceeds the fade-in of the Lions Gate Logo. However, the yellow line markings on the leader's edge will show up on screen for about one second if you preserve the sound! Great job by DeLux. Your choice. I opted to keep the sound intact.

|  IP: Logged

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-25-2003 12:39 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Confirmed spliced-on trailer. It was a single-sided clear splice, in-frame, and preserving the sound here as well.

Also note that there is a subtle "fade in" at the head of reel 3 and 4, and a subtle "fade out" at the end of reel 4. They're not really fades, but rather quick pans away to black. There were about 6-7 frames of black after a quick pan at the end of Reel 4 which I left intact. (I assumed they belonged there since all other heads/tails had the yellow leader's edge marks before or after the last frame of footage)

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: