Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » Hello Dolly (1969) (request)

Author Topic: Hello Dolly (1969) (request)
John Lasher
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-26-2003 06:28 PM      Profile for John Lasher   Author's Homepage   Email John Lasher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scope
Mono
148 mins.

|  IP: Logged

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 01-27-2003 10:10 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
70MM Todd-AO also available
DTS-6 (Special Venue)

6Track Mag and 4Track Mag also available at at one time.

Paul Linfesty
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-27-2003 11:27 AM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
70MM Todd-AO also available
DTS-6 (Special Venue)

Available for just any booking, though? I was under the impression the new print shown at the Egyptian was a studio archive print.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 01-27-2003 11:39 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are right that it is a studio print. But studio prints get
loaned out for special screenings. My other post was just to
say that a 70MM print was just made. It's up to Fox on how and
who gets to use that print.

John Lasher
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-27-2003 11:04 PM      Profile for John Lasher   Author's Homepage   Email John Lasher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody know how many reels?

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-28-2003 02:24 AM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
10 reels, with reel 10 being very short.

The intermission title is at the end of reel 5. Reel 6 starts with the entr'acte.

Also, most likely everything out there will be faded to some degree. IMO, for a musical that cost so make to make, it was stupid to not make dye tranfer prints. [Frown]

Paul Linfesty
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-28-2003 07:48 AM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Also, most likely everything out there will be faded to some degree. IMO, for a musical that cost so make to make, it was stupid to not make dye tranfer prints.
The 70mm print Bill is referring to was a brand new print and couldn't have looked better (except for some dupe material)if it had been made in 1969.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 01-28-2003 10:06 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Based on the reports of the superb quality of the 70mm print screened a few months ago at the American Cinematheque Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood, the 65mm printing negative is still in very good condition, and any new prints would have excellent color.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 01-28-2003 12:08 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I leaned not too ong ago that Fox is planning to release this movie on DVD in the very near future. Since the technology now exist, I hope they use the original 65mm negative like they did with "OKLAHOMA". I have "HELLO DOLLY" in the Todd AO ratio on laserdisc and it is superb.

-Claude

Darren Briggs
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-28-2003 03:57 PM      Profile for Darren Briggs   Author's Homepage   Email Darren Briggs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
70mm Todd-Ao 2.2:1
6 Reels (i guess the 10 short reels mentioned above are combined onto the 6 used for this print)
6 Track Mag

Screening this print on 18th May in York (U.K)
Colour on Part 1 slightly fadded, Part 2 ok.
Genuine Todd-Ao sound quality amazing.

[ 03-17-2003, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Darren Briggs ]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: