Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » Y Tu Mama Tambien

Author Topic: Y Tu Mama Tambien
Aldo Baez
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-19-2002 02:51 AM      Profile for Aldo Baez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Independent Film Channel
Flat
SR/SRD only
5 reels
Nothing attached, nothing loose

* This is an unrated film, and we surprisingly got it. The movie is *extremely* graphic sexually (in my eyes at least) and would most likely have gotten an NC-17 if submitted to the MPAA. I would advise for people to treat it that way, at least that's what we're doing in our theatre. *

Edit: I forgot it's in Spanish and subtitled.

|  IP: Logged

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 04-03-2002 06:49 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this 1.66 or 1.85?

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-04-2002 03:58 AM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The film is rated 18 in the UK.

And BTW the english translation is And Your Mother Too

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 04-05-2002 01:26 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To answer my own question: it's 1.85. At least it looked good in that format. And, yes, it is _very_ graphic. It is also quite good, which means that it will likely get good reviews and there will be some "interesting" situations when little old ladies show up at your theatre to see "that highly-rated film" and then want refunds....

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-05-2002 04:06 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is also 6 reels, not 5.
The 6th reel is only half full.

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2002 05:26 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IFC Films (for US)
Technicolor depot

BOOTH ALERTS:

(1) Soundtrack will go silent before and after the narrator cuts in. That is part of the finished film.

(2) Because there is no rating card at the end, time your shutdown cue before the last slate of the end credits. That's so the audience doesn't see/hear the film tail out.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: