Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Ring (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Ring
Tal Marks
Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2001 07:39 PM      Profile for Tal Marks   Author's Homepage   Email Tal Marks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New Line Cinema
2.35:1 Scope
SRD, DTS, SDDS, SR
9 reels / 165 minutes (US)
PG-13
No trailers enclosed or attached (yet)
Currently shipping under a false name.

|  IP: Logged

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-28-2001 03:49 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to the BBFC the UK version is about 10-15 mins longer.

So the burning question, If i run a UK print where do i put my interval (tower projection).

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-28-2001 05:16 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Running length is 178 minutes per Variety (via Upcoming Movies).

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 11-29-2001 12:49 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Note: you are going to get varying running times on this one....Supposedly there is a Directors cut and then there will be the standard theatrical cut....The directors cut from what I have heard thru the grapevine is intended for special screenings and DVD only....

Tal Marks
Film Handler

- posted 11-29-2001 05:51 PM      Profile for Tal Marks   Author's Homepage   Email Tal Marks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was told by theatre management that the runtime for our screening was 2:45. Since none of them actually watched the film, they probably called the 'home office'. But come Dec. 19th with at least 15 minutes of trailers...

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 12-04-2001 06:15 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IMDB has it at 178 mins which is also what we have been told.

German Marin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-15-2001 12:31 AM      Profile for German Marin   Email German Marin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It has an interesting false name: "changing seasons". I making up the movie today (7 copies) for special show to the owners of the cinema chain and i was confused about that name however i reminded that it was shipping a false name (thanx tal).

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 12-15-2001 07:13 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I may be just being picky here but there is a reason for the false name. I really don't think it's such a good idea to actually post the false name.

Just my two cents...

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 12-15-2001 08:23 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Normally I would be with you John, but at least over here in the US the cans have both the fake name AND the real name on the cans. So I ask, what's the point in THAT???

German Marin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-16-2001 06:56 PM      Profile for German Marin   Email German Marin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my country the cans has the real name and the fake name is in the film, I don't understand the reason for all that security if i already saw a copy in VHS tape.
I'm realy sorry about type the fake name here but everyone of us know that name and i was too confused at the moment of make up the movie.
Last Saturday we showed "The Lord of Rings" and we got 7 of 9 reels friday night and the last 2 reels we got it on saturday morning.

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-17-2001 01:22 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For future reference
From Film Handlers Forum:

Bernard Tonks wrote:

quote:
For those interested with Tower projection like myself, I have found out from the UK distributor that the Intermission is to be at the end of reel 3. Precise time was unable to be given, also an Intermission title will not be supplied.

Steve Anderson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-18-2001 10:39 AM      Profile for Steve Anderson   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The print we received has the cans marked with the real title and reels marked with the fake title. Also the tech sheet has 178 listed as the running time and there is an attached trailer.
" Austin Powers in Goldmember "

Christopher Finn
Film Handler

- posted 12-19-2001 02:33 PM      Profile for Christopher Finn   Email Christopher Finn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Attached are:

Blade 2
Austin Powers in Goldmember

Enclosed are:

Orange County
Mr. Deeds
Signs
Queen of the Damned
The Time Machine
The Scorpion King
Spiderman
Star Wars Ep. 2 (Black Eyes)

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-19-2001 03:45 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blade 2 came attached to your print as well as Austin Powers?
We didn't even get Blade 2 in the pouch that came tih the prints.
Ours were delivered the next day in a separate bag.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 12-27-2001 04:03 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In Australia, Ali trailer is attached and is scope.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: