Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » ANTI-TRUST

Author Topic: ANTI-TRUST
James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-12-2001 02:41 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
6 reels
scope
sr/dts/sdds
Attached - Hannibal
Enclosed - Rollerball

Added Bonus - No reel 2.
But you do get the second reel of Finding Forrester.
Ok, so thats just limited to my theatre.....I hope.
No, I didn't put it on by mistake.
Yes, I did call Technicolor and get the proper reel sent.

|  IP: Logged

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 01-12-2001 05:15 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats not the first time something like that has happend. The print of Patch Adams instead of reel two it had reel two of star trek insurrection. THe kicker is technicolor distributions does not handle paramount.

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-12-2001 05:42 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few Christmases ago, the movie "IQ" opened on Christmas day. It was in scope format and featured Tim Robbins. In release around the same time was "Ready to Wear", in scope and also with Tim Robbins in the cast. The theater I worked at got the "IQ" print in a few days before Christmas and it was built up (not by me!), and I had the priviledge of running the first showing and was informed that somehow it had 'switched to a different movie'! Ever since then I've always checked the title on every reel. The tip-off in this case though should have been that "Ready To Wear" had a Dolby Digital track but "IQ" didn't, but they were doing dual-inventory prints then so it was thought possible that we'd just gotten one reel with the digital track on it.

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-13-2001 10:08 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I also remember hearing about theatres getting COURAGE UNDER FIRE reels with INDEPENDENCE DAY.
Also I heard of alot of theatres getting double copies of a certain reel of the 98 PSYCHO with another reel missing.
The film appreciation instructor at my school was doing Hitchcock that semester and was able to set up a Thursday night screening for his class.
The theatre got a print that was missing the reel with the shower scene, so the class got too see it without the biggest scene of the whole movie.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: