Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (70 mm Prints)

Author Topic: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (70 mm Prints)
John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 09-07-2000 09:38 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave Cutler
Expert Film Handler

posted 09-07-2000 09:13 AM

My local ETS depot has atleast 2 70mm prints of 'Star Trek V', I don't know the condition. They also have atleast
one 70mm print of 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.' I saw more 70mm prints but didn't have time to check
them all out. Next time I am there I will take a closer look and ask about their condition.

|  IP: Logged

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 09-07-2000 09:58 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
timothy johnson
Film Handler

posted 08-27-2000 02:07 PM

You just gotta love good old 70mm, once again we all lament the old days of epics shown the RIGHT WAY.
if anyone is here in Minneapolis this week August 25 - 31 we are showing "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" in
70mm 6track SR, we "The Heights Theater" are the only movie theater with 70mm showings and pre show organ.
The print is stunning, rich colors and sharp blow up. When we called Paramount to book it, the print was sitting
here in our ETS Minneapolis, not run since it showed at the General Cinema back in 1989, excellent print.
I forgot to add, the 2 shows Friday night, people aplauded at the end of the movie, and they all were buzzing
about the stunning picture and sound, and they were not all film buffs, as a matter of fact, kids that were not
even born yet came to see it. We have a piece of 70mm film in the lobby at the concession stand, eveyone
marvels at the mag stripe and frame size. By the way we are running this on a AAII with 2000 watts.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 09-07-2000 02:38 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill Carter
Film Handler

Minnesota
posted 09-07-2000 02:06 PM

"Last Crusade" has been a big
hit in 70!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: