Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » Mission: Impossible 2

Author Topic: Mission: Impossible 2
Erika Hellgren
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-23-2000 03:31 PM      Profile for Erika Hellgren   Email Erika Hellgren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paramount
ETS
Scope
Shaft attached
Ladies Man, Perfect Storm, The Grinch, Hannibal, and Titan A.E. all enclosed

OK, I didn't build this movie up, so I don't know how many reels it is, or the sound formats. I would assume it's all three digital formats, but I don't know that for sure

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-23-2000 03:49 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
7 reels (watch out when breaking down, that last reel is real short)

SRD/DTS/SDDS No EX

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-24-2000 02:25 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And it's being shipped under the phony name "Doll House." (at least that's the way mine arrived.)

David Emery
Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2000 12:05 PM      Profile for David Emery   Email David Emery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We got 2 copys of it yesterday and it also had that Doll House marking on it. It scared the shit out of us. We though we were going to loose a day on the movie because they sent the wrong movie. Then we opened and there was a really huge sigh of relief when we opened the can and found that it really was MI2. There was also a insert in the can explaining what was going on and why they did it.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-24-2000 02:24 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup. Apparently when a theater gets 6 or even 9 (3 prints) cans of film from "Paramount Pictures" a day or two before the opening of it's biggest movie of the summer, a fake name along with cable ties that are easily purchased at thousands of stores nationwide, bootleggers won't be able to figure out what is REALLY in the cans and the cable ties will prevent any bootlegging during transit.

Ah, if only the CAP code guys had've thought of this before they spent all that time and effort.

Tyler Skinner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2000 02:28 PM      Profile for Tyler Skinner   Email Tyler Skinner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We recieved our cans labelled "Doll House" as well... I guess they think the driver's aren't going to steal a print called "Doll house" unless you get a really big Todd Solondz fan like myself... "wow... welcome to the dollhouse is being re-released??!!"

As well, every print was in alternate order: R1-H, R2-T, R3-H big pain in the ass, especially when building 4 prints. Like its not going to get onto the internet any faster?

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 05-24-2000 02:47 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, we had two prints of "Doll House" as well, with the same mix of heads-out/tails-out reels. When I saw the title, my first thought was "why did we just get two prints of 'Welcome to the Dollhouse'?" (good film, but not the sort of thing that is likely to get shown three years after its release, at least in a typical multiplex situation).

And, yes, I agree that this isn't going to fool anyone.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 07-17-2000 06:14 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The false-name business has been happening more and more over here in the last couple of years. GODZILLA arrived in cans labelled THE BIG FIN and STAR WARS EPISODE 1 as PERFECT TIMING.

Are the distributors scared of armed robberies on truckloads of films or something? And, given that the correct film title is printed on the leaders,do they really think that criminals will take the time and effort to organise a holdup, then read a phoney title on the boxes and think "we don't want this one" and go home empty-handed?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: