Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Classified   » Equipment and Supplies Wanted/For Sale   » Eastman 25B for the asking (and the carting)

Author Topic: Eastman 25B for the asking (and the carting)
Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 10-08-2010 08:27 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Half of our complex is being demolished, two theatres are being razed for a new center. Long story short, we need the storage space and we have two Eastman 25B 16mm projectors that have been unused for over 10 years. They must go. These were in perfect working condition when they were taken out of service.

NYC law requires that they can only be given to a not-for-profit organization. Naturally there will be some paperwork to fill out, but that's about it. I am hoping they can go to a worthy home where they will be put to good use. The other restriction -- they will be encumbered in that they cannot be resold for the next 5 years.

There were four of them in our two theatres -- 16mm change-over in each house. One of the four is still in operation in our main 2450 seat house, modified slightly to take 6100 ft reels. Another is working in a museum in Brooklyn but the last two need to be placed in a loving booth with owners who Do Film Right.

They still have the original Carbon Arc lamphouses that Strong custom made for Eastman. The rectifiers are gone so you will need to outfit them with new lamphouses or get rectifiers.

If anyone is interested, contact me by email. Again, you must be a not-for-profit organization and you must pick up the projector in Brooklyn NY. I would like to see them go to two different orgs, but if we can't find a separeate home for each and someone wants to take both of them, we would consider that. They were used in change-over in both theatres so the change-over shutters are in place and working.

Even if you can't, but know someone who can use one of these beautifully designed machines, pass this along. They are extremely gentle on film; it can run damaged film that other machines would choke on and then shread. It is rock-stead -- beyond the tolerances of the SMPTE printer -- you can see the image moving whereas the projected sprocket holes don't move at all.

With a very simply modification where the real arms are extended will allow it to show full length films (it was designed to play about 60min reels because at the time there was only the carbon arc light source so that was the limitation. It was an expensive proposition to get TWO of these beauties for change-over.

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 10-08-2010 11:23 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Moved to Equipment Forum.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: