Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Classified   » Equipment and Supplies Wanted/For Sale   » WANTED: 16mm Pedestal Projector

Author Topic: WANTED: 16mm Pedestal Projector
Matt Jones
Film Handler

- posted 08-21-2006 08:21 AM      Profile for Matt Jones   Email Matt Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone! This is my first post, so a very brief background. I am the Assistant Curator of the Moving Image Archives at the North Carolina School of the Arts in Winston-Salem, NC. We are currently the fifth largest film print archive in the US and we run every format from video to 70mm and from silent through this year's releases.
The reason I'm posting today is that we have recently lost our Elmo 2200 16mm projector (long story), and need to replace it. It will be used in three theatres (sharing one booth), the largest of which seats about 300, has a throw of around 70 ft and a screen that measures 25x45 ft.
We would love to get another Elmo if one exists, but barring that we need a 16mm pedestal projector with at least 2000W of brightness that can handle the room I described above. As some of you probably know, these are not easy to come by. If anyone could point me in the proper direction, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: