Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Classified   » Equipment and Supplies Wanted/For Sale   » Free: Junk and FS: Simplex LL-2 base

Author Topic: Free: Junk and FS: Simplex LL-2 base
Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 06-27-2006 01:58 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
UPDATE: everything has been spoken for; thanks for the interest.

I am cleaning out some junk that I don't need. All is FOB Boston area (will deliver/meet you within 50-100 miles at a mutually agreeable time and place). I will not ship anything here as nothing is worth shipping; this stuff is mostly good for display or parts, although I was planning to put together a working setup until I stumbled across a deal on much better equipment. I am not going to spend time finding individual parts. Anything not taken within the next month or so will go in the trash. [Frown] Send mail to snorwood@nyx.net if interested. Thanks.

For sale:

- Simplex LL-2 projector base, missing access panel on operator side and probably could stand to be re-painted. Would like to get $100 for this, or make offer. Includs mount for an RCA-type soundhead.

Free:

- 2 1/2 Super Simplex heads for parts; one is mostly complete, the other two are in various states of disassembly; also includes one big box of Super Simplex parts.

- 1 RCA-1040 soundhead with Kelmar stereo solar cell and extra exciters and exciter holders; complete with motor, except it is missing the gear-side cover; oil appears to have found its way into the sound optics, however.

- 1 set of upper and lower Simplex magazines (early 1930s vintage--very classy looking with glossy paint and gold "Simplex" logo--not the later "IPC Simplex" type).

- 1 ORC 1600w 2-piece lamphouse with power supply (will get model number); heat-absorbing glass is cracked; reflector looks slightly damaged and might be the 16mm reflector (not sure how to tell); I am told that this was working when removed from a theatre, but the reputation of the theare owner is questionable. I haven't tested it myself. The power supply is quite heavy. Includes one old bulb (unknown type and hours) and one brand-new Osram bulb.

Please let me know if interested in any of ths stuff; I'm busy for the next week or two, and mid-July would be the best time for me to deliver this stuff. At minimum, this would make a nice lobby display for your theatre. Ideally, someone could make a nice working home setup out of this equipment.

[ 07-11-2006, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Scott Norwood ]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: