Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Classified   » Equipment and Supplies Wanted/For Sale   » SOLD: Richardson's Handbook of Projection (1927, 5th ed)

Author Topic: SOLD: Richardson's Handbook of Projection (1927, 5th ed)
Joe Stewart-Pirone
Film Handler

- posted 08-03-2004 12:20 PM      Profile for Joe Stewart-Pirone   Email Joe Stewart-Pirone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*** This item has been sold. Thanks for looking. - Joe ***

Richardson's Handbook of Projection (1927, 5th ed)

Price: $35.00
(Includes USPS media mail shipping within United States)
(For USPS Priority Mail shipping, add $2.00.)
(For shipping outside the US, contact me.)
For more information, e-mail Joe at: stewart-pirone.1@osu.edu

Title: F. H. Richardson's Handbook of Projection, 5th Edition
The Blue Book of Projection, 2 Volumes
New York: Chalmers Publishing Company, 1927
Richly illustrated with black and white photos and drawings.
Hardcover, no dust jacket. Very Good condition.
960+ pages in two volumes.

Description: A comprehensive, encyclopedic reference work in a hard-to-find edition and printing. Includes both volumes, 1 & 2, bound separately. Richly illustrated with black and white photos and drawings. Navy blue leatherette covers with bright gold gilt lettering on covers and spines. (Covers and gilt are even brighter than photo.)

From the Forward: "Like the four editions that have gone before, this, the fifth edition, has been compiled with the single idea uppermost of providing competent information upon, and instruction in motion picture projection and the various things directly allied thereto. The reason for making this edition in two volumes is that we may be able to keep the work as up to date as possible with a minimum of cost to its purchasers. We have therefore so far as practicable placed in Volume I such matter as seldom or never changes. In Volume II we have placed matter covering projection equipment, which is subject to more or less continual change. By this plan we believe the theatre manager and projectionist may have a complete textbook on motion picture projection.... In Volume I of this fifth edition you will find much matter which is identical with matter in the fourth and third editions and even the second of the Handbooks. ..."

Condition: Very Good condition overall. Binding tight. For both volumes, pages clean and unmarked, except price written in pencil on top corner of first (blank) page. Volume 2 shows very slight wear on edges of spine. Volume 1 shows same, though less extensive. However, volume 1 also has some warping to back cover, plus mild water damage on pages 389 to end, approximately 20% of volume. On last ten pages (mostly advertisements), water damage consists of pronounced brown staining to bottom corner of pages. On pages before that, staining is very light or non-existent, and damage consists primarily of slight warping/waviness of pages. On all pages, staining does not interfere with ability to read text. Water damage detracts only very slightly from the attractiveness of the set, which is in very nice shape overall. In fact, except for the water damage and the pencil marking of the sale price, these books would be in near-fine or even fine condition.

Payment accepted: PayPal (preferred); Money Order; Check (Check will be held up to 7 days to clear; buyer is responsible for all bank fees for returned checks.) [To pay by check or money order, please e-mail me for my mailing address.]

-

[ 08-03-2004, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Joe Stewart-Pirone ]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: