Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Classified   » Equipment and Supplies Wanted/For Sale   » Dolby A cards to swop?

Author Topic: Dolby A cards to swop?
Peter Knight
Film Handler

- posted 05-08-2000 03:23 PM      Profile for Peter Knight   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Knight   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am the projectionist for Flix - Loughborough Student Cinema, UK. The society has been around since 1956.

We currently trying to make sense of the sound system (a man from Dolby laughed when he saw a photogrpahy of it). Our sound system is a mixture of home made and professional equipment units.

One of these units is our sound processor, which is a home made Dolby A unit. The unit has proper Dolby cards which were made in 1973.

Are these cards of any interst to any one? If so do you have an alternative sound processor to swope instead of it?

The society is very short of money at the moment so any help or suggestions as to where Dolby processors can be obtained from would also be useful.

Is there a cinema which is having its sound system refitted and would be willing to donate it to us?

Regards

|  IP: Logged

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-08-2000 06:00 PM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are saying that the cards are real Dolby cards, then you might be able to find out what CP unit they were made to fit into, and just buy the card cage. If you have all or most of the cards it might be a cheap way to go. Do you have a web page with pictures on it to look at?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-08-2000 06:44 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Email me pics and I will post them here on this thread.

Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-09-2000 05:46 AM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How much funds can you spend?.
Time to time I here about Dolby CP50's & CP55 for under £2,000 for sale in the UK.

Would be most interested to see the photos on your sound system.

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-09-2000 07:49 AM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think if it comes down to buying a used Cinema Processor you can get a 50 or 55 for pretty cheap here in the US as compared to the UK.

Dave Gilks
Film Handler

- posted 05-10-2000 07:59 AM      Profile for Dave Gilks   Email Dave Gilks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Give Peter Lea a ring a PCL Cinema Services , he has CP55 for around £900 and CP50 for around £400 very helpful guy

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: