Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Classified   » Equipment and Supplies Wanted/For Sale   » Ballantyne Model 6 - Royal Soundmaster

Author Topic: Ballantyne Model 6 - Royal Soundmaster
Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2000 12:46 PM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am currently trying to rebuild two Ballantyne Model 6 - "Royal Soundmaster" soundheads. They are currently mounted to two Brenkert BX-60 projectors. I am trying to find Operation & Parts manuals for these sound heads.

------------------

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-15-2000 01:37 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, If you plan on using these in a theater you should forget it. While they are ok sound heads you will have a tough time with the parts end of things. Plus there is not a reverse scan LED assembley for that sound head as of yet, and there will probably not be one. If you are using it for home use let me know what you need and I'll see if I can help out. GTS has a junk yard full O Stuff out back and I'll see if there are any that the rats haven't gotten to yet.
Mark

John Eickhof
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-16-2000 08:37 PM      Profile for John Eickhof   Author's Homepage   Email John Eickhof   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We can supply you with manuals and parts diagrams for the Royals, However, these are
obsolete units. Parts from Ballantyne are no longer available. We do have a limited supply of NOS (new old stock) parts for these. If they are in decent condition, they can be upgraded to stereo and fitted with
Jaxlite LED Exciters for cyan dye tracks.The
slit lens assy can be upgrade to the new narrow type for greater frequency response. We make custom stereo bi-lateral solar cells for these. I have 3 pairs in service in theatres now that are running great! Be sure to use SAE 40 NON-DETERGENT motor oil in the gearbox.
Contact John at jeickhof@nteequip.com if you need the manuals or other parts.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: