Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » NEC nc1600c-a projector Ti interface board failure

Author Topic: NEC nc1600c-a projector Ti interface board failure
Darry Song
Film Handler

- posted 12-19-2019 09:19 PM      Profile for Darry Song   Author's Homepage   Email Darry Song   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello
I have a NEC NC1600C-A projector, which has not been used for about 2-3 years. Today I tested and reported the following error -

(52) IB security tamper
(53) IB component side tamper lid open
(54) IB Non-component side tamper lid open

I think it may be that the battery on the TI interface board inside the machine is dead, Can this board be repaired? I have disassembled the black shell outside the board. I see a small board on the board stuck on it. There is a small battery on it. It seems that the battery has run out of power. Now I just want to input signals from DVI without playing DCP. Do I need this interface board? NEC says that the price of this board is much higher than that of this projector. Now the machine is connected with the internal one The test chart can't be displayed either. SDI and DVI can't be displayed either. What should I do? I have a series 1 Barco dp1500 projector, which also has an identical board (at least in appearance). The board on the Barco machine can be used. The battery has power. Can I install it on the series 1 NEC nc1600c-a?
Darry

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 12-20-2019 11:17 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe he boards are the same but the logins for the projector to access them are different depending on the manufacturer. So I think the answer is no.

TI boards should be repairable by TI but I am not sure this is a service offered - other can be more helpful on this.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 12-20-2019 04:43 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless the first error indicates that a FIPS seal has been damaged (in which case the board is FUBAR), I would have thought that the first thing to check would be the tamper microswitches in that neighborhood (short them?), rather than to suspect that a board has gone bad.

You might be able to swap in the TI board from the Barco, but there might be firmware reflashing needed afterwards, and/or other tweaks. In the same vein, I am told that it is possible to reconfigure an Enigma card that was sold for use in an NEC to make it work in a Barco and vice-versa, but that it is not an easy or straightforward process.

Darry Song
Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2019 05:10 PM      Profile for Darry Song   Author's Homepage   Email Darry Song   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Marco. Thank you, Leo
I think you are right. Maybe different Ti Gore boards have different firmware. I've determined that the fault of the machine is caused by the faulty Ti board. NEC also said that to me, because the IB in front of these three errors refers to the interface board, that is, the Ti board or Gore board. At present, I only have ti boards from the Barco dp1500 that can be used. In the maintenance of these two machines A software to update the firmware of Ti board is mentioned in the service manual. The name of the software is DLP cinema control program. In the software, there are operations related to Ti board. Is it possible for me to make the Ti board of Barco run in NEC through this software? In fact, I just want to input signals from DVI, and I don't need to play DCP any more, but neither DVI nor SDI can play, or even display test pictures.
Darry

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 12-21-2019 12:49 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know for sure. You can try...
I do know you can't use a series 2 Enigma module from an NEC in a Christie or Barco, or do any other brand interchange: the logins are different for each manufacturer and they just will not work except in the correct brand. Bit of a pain if you stock a few of them, you had better mark the brand once the box is opened for charging...
So I don't know if the series 1 TI interface boards are the same.
But I do know that if you peel the "black shell" off a FIPS "gore" board, it's dead forever.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: