Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » New IMAX Screen Century Daly City CA

Author Topic: New IMAX Screen Century Daly City CA
Terry Monohan
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-02-2019 09:48 AM      Profile for Terry Monohan   Email Terry Monohan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Century/Cinemark folks rushed this new Daly City CA IMAX screen in before their new neighbor at the Regal Stonestown 12
in San Francisco opens up March of 2020 along with the new CV Van Ness Theatres.

Most of the cinema spaces here in Daly City have small flat 1.85 screens with the masking not being used anymore like so many Century theatres in the area.

I doubt they cut a wall down from two small spaces to make a little larger IMAX screen? They already have a fairly nice size XD auditorium but It is not that wide more flat. You are lucky to see white screen at the top and bottom for a scope movie. No showmanship at Century.

They open Oct 3 with the 'Joker' on their new mini IMAX screen. This new movie was shot flat 1.85 so It may look good on a big square IMAX screen? I will go and see what the new screen looks like once they open up.

Lets hope Century will hire a extra IMAX ticket window cashier, most times they have just have one person selling tickets in Daly City with all the other boxoffice windows closed up. People have to wait and wait again to by snacks.

|  IP: Logged

Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-20-2019 07:39 PM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you visited the IMAX yet?

Terry Monohan
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-21-2019 11:23 AM      Profile for Terry Monohan   Email Terry Monohan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jarod**Not yet, they have no IMAX sign up yet on the outside of the building.
They say nothing about IMAX in their newspaper listings. Will wait as we have seen 'Joker' in 70mm film at the Drafthouse New Mission in SF.

I bet when the brand new Regal/UA Stonestown SF 12 opens a few miles away in March of 2020 they will have a way larger semi curved RPX screen in one of the new spaces plus 4DX & Screen X.

Another large cinema will be built starting later this year at the Seramonte Mall also in Daly City CA. Can a city have have more then one IMAX screen? Still don't know what theatre circuit will be coming into the Seramonte area yet.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: