Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Adams Family version 2...no wait, 4

Author Topic: Adams Family version 2...no wait, 4
Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 10-09-2019 02:41 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to thank all of those involved on this last minute change to a new version of Adams Family (if you are in 2D...3D is still version 2). It has been one debacle after another with getting things changed over and confusing people that thought they were all set...until the keys didn't work.

|  IP: Logged

Rick Cohen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2019 05:11 PM      Profile for Rick Cohen   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it was nice of them to tell us that 2D V2 would not be supported with a KDM. I had to call DCDC anyway, since the credit offset isn't available on the Deluxe Web Portal, and if you are receiving DCP via satellite, there is no ingest letter.

James Wyrembelski
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2019 07:58 PM      Profile for James Wyrembelski   Email James Wyrembelski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you mentioned this.

When the FedEx guy dropped off our hard drive I assumed it was Trail mix. When I opened it to see Addams.... [Confused]

Was just about to contact Deluxe when they sent out an email explaining to load the "updated" version.

Sean Falk
Film Handler

- posted 10-10-2019 05:22 PM      Profile for Sean Falk   Email Sean Falk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So what ended up being the issue with V2, just problems with keys or? I got around to ingesting late and by then I had V4 in the mail so I didn't worry too much, I'm still kinda confused on what was going on though. [Confused]

Rick Cohen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2019 03:32 PM      Profile for Rick Cohen   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since there were never any keys sent out for V2, we'll probably never know what the issue was. My guess is that it was an incomplete DCP, or the DCP was corrupt in some way. Either way, if there was a gremlin in the DCP, thankfully it was caught before it became a problem.

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 10-11-2019 03:49 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We were shut down Wednesday and Thursday due to power outages. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy this change went for us. The new version ingested easily from the satellite server. I was able to easily unmap the old version and remap the new version, and the existing keys worked without a problem.

Restarting on Friday after being shut down for 2 days I really expected this to be difficult. Instead with was a piece of cake.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: