Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » IMS3000 pull content

Author Topic: IMS3000 pull content
Alexander Alves
Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2019 05:12 AM      Profile for Alexander Alves   Email Alexander Alves   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible to pull a movie content off a Dolby IMS3000, to say an external hard drive? Or even a thumb drive?

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 09-28-2019 07:38 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure. There are multiple ways. You can do a direct FTP transfer. The Manager level user grants you access to the content.

I believe in Content manager, you can select the desired content and there is a box on the right of the selected content where you can select to export the content. I have NOT done this yet (I'm still new to the IMS3000 too) but I believe that is the procedure.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 09-28-2019 08:51 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Export works OK but is slower than ftp. Not as dog slow as with a DCP2000, but slower than ftp.
For ftp you need to know the UUID as all content is listed that way, just look in editor - put the CPL in the playlist pane and inspect it.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: