Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » CP2210 low light levels

Author Topic: CP2210 low light levels
Brian DeCiancio
Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2019 11:52 AM      Profile for Brian DeCiancio   Author's Homepage   Email Brian DeCiancio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After the last two new bulb changes, my CP2210 light output is less than stellar and causing customer complaints.

I've used the 1800w and the 2kw. Both are disappointing.

It used to be significantly better.

Thoughts? Is there a more drastic measure needed to restore it back to proper levels?

|  IP: Logged

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2019 12:26 PM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you measured the peak white luminance? Things I can think of that could affect luminance include:

1. Lamp output power
2. Reflector alignment
3. Port glass cleanliness
4. Screen cleanliness

How do calculations work out for the theater considering projector output, screen gain, etc.? How much margin is there?

Harold

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 09-16-2019 12:28 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you run the LampLOC and LiteLOC programs after changing the lamps?

Brian DeCiancio
Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2019 06:37 PM      Profile for Brian DeCiancio   Author's Homepage   Email Brian DeCiancio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I ran the standard lamploc/alignment procedure.

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-19-2019 04:32 PM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Screen size, surface type and condition?

What I'm getting at, I often see low light levels from the smaller projectors. When I do the math I find that the projector was never appropriate for the screen, and had been installed on price, not performance.
What that means is that it is thrashed from new so decays quickly.

But with all of them, changing the main reflector(s) makes a huge difference to light ouput, combined with a thorough clean of the rest of the light path.

Brian DeCiancio
Film Handler

- posted 09-19-2019 07:05 PM      Profile for Brian DeCiancio   Author's Homepage   Email Brian DeCiancio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
30' screen, matte white, approx. 17 years old, good condition.

This was a very noticeable and rapid change in light output, not a slow, subtle degradation.

Matt Fields
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-19-2019 07:44 PM      Profile for Matt Fields   Email Matt Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could be something wrong with the lamp loc...bad sensor or IMCB board

Matthew Heuer
Film Handler

- posted 09-19-2019 09:32 PM      Profile for Matthew Heuer   Email Matthew Heuer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a Solaria 1+ that had a light level drop not too long after install. It turns out the integrator rod clips must not have been tight from the factory or it somehow otherwise loosened up and slipped out of position not in rotation where you would see the edges on the screen but for and aft in focus. After tightening things up and realigning it has been fine since. It was a marked drop in light in a relatively short period of time and I believe the 2210 is a similar set up so a possibility perhaps.

Scott Christopher
Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2019 09:58 PM      Profile for Scott Christopher   Email Scott Christopher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check your mirror - Make sure the douser is clearing the light path.

Matt Fields
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2019 07:11 AM      Profile for Matt Fields   Email Matt Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another thought on this...bad light sensor...what number are you getting? If it is zero probably need to replace the sensor

Helmut Maripuu
Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2019 12:01 PM      Profile for Helmut Maripuu   Email Helmut Maripuu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Problems with the rectifier?
1600 W = 65 amps and 22 volts. When the lamp runs out, the amperage can increase and the voltage decrease and cause overloading in the diodes. Funny humming sounds if a rectifier diode are bad. If you have several movie theaters filming the picture on the screen and see the result in your digital camera?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: