Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Downtown Abbey Preview on 9/12/2019

Author Topic: Downtown Abbey Preview on 9/12/2019
Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 09-11-2019 12:50 AM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are playing the Downtown Abbey preview on 9/12,it comes with two "bonus clips" to be added to the Playlist. There is a 30 second social media card and a 9:37 min series recap. The studio is asking for these to play right before the feature.

On the Cinedigm LMS/TCC, I added the two clips to the late pre-show segment which is where we add our policy trailers to play right before the feature.

The recap clip ingest as a feature, so it can not be directly included in the late pre-show. To get around this I went to title mapping and created a new title called Downtown Abbey Recap with the content type set to short. Then mapped the CPL to this title. From there I was able to add it to the late pre-show package.

It does not appear either of these clips require keys, but the ingest letter specifically says to only play them with the preview. We did receive special keys for the preview.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 09-11-2019 07:07 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is pretty much how I told our customers to handle it with the TCC.

The difference was I had them modify the show itself in "Schedule Viewer" Open the show to be modified and then open the content window on the right. You can drag/drop the content anywhere in the show you want (including right with the feature). The only downside is that if that show changes for any reason (new previews, ads...etc.) the TCC will delete the show for the new one...which won't have your changes. You can pin the show but the TCC will try to put the new show right over top of your pinned show. But, since this is a 1-off, odds are the changes can be made after the previews/ads are serviced.

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2019 10:34 PM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My wife and I went to see this tonight. Nice show! As usual, I got a closed captioning receiver to "spot check" movies. I saw no captions on the introduction (the "in case you're not familiar with Downton Abbey" preshow). Does that indeed not have captions?

Thanks!

Harold

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-13-2019 12:27 PM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my girlfriend went to see this last night at the AMC Rockaway Square Mall here in New Jersey.

I am not quite sure why AMC put this in their Dolby Cinema auditorium, as the movie is not in DolbyVision or ATMOS sound (or at least I could see or hear no evidence of either). However, the powered recliners were very comfy.

No issues with the presentation, but they did not run the 30 second "social media card", whatever that was.

The movie ended not with an MPAA rating code, but with a white screen after the Carnival Films logo that was titled "Active Desktop Recovery" and a bunch of suggestions on how to get the server to work again. Way to go AMC. I guess this is the digital equivalent of letting the film run out on screen.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 09-13-2019 03:01 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DCI servers themselves will never put that up. They probably have a PC connected to the projector for some after-show content, and that went belly up.

- Carsten

Michael Kurtzke
Film Handler

- posted 09-13-2019 04:42 PM      Profile for Michael Kurtzke   Email Michael Kurtzke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mitchell Dvoskin
I am not quite sure why AMC put this in their Dolby Cinema auditorium, as the movie is not in DolbyVision or ATMOS sound (or at least I could see or hear no evidence of either).
We had an Atmos print at our screenings!

-

Scott Christopher
Film Handler

- posted 09-13-2019 07:56 PM      Profile for Scott Christopher   Email Scott Christopher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the past I've received "bonus clips" that have been marked as features etc. I've found it easier (long term) to run it though DCP-O-Matic to correct it (providing they're unencrypted)

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 09-13-2019 08:14 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have any experience with other LMS/TMS systems, so I can't speak to your experience. But the mapping I did took about 2 minutes and didn't involve having to do anything with the content.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: