Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » 2210 lamp ballast

Author Topic: 2210 lamp ballast
Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-31-2019 05:52 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is an unusual one. Been getting the unexpected lamp off error at end of shows and at bootup sometimes. It is not turning off during the presentation. I caught it this morning having the lamp flicker off and on in stand-by and I mean stand-by as when power is first applied but the power on icon in the TPC has yet to be tapped. You can hear a relay chattering in the lamp ballast and the lamp flickering on and off with the chatter. After power on (lamp off) you get the unexpected lamp off error. Shows run normally. I have a replacement lamp ballast and will put it in next week. One for the record books?

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 09-01-2019 09:51 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The serial data connection to the ballast tends to have issues. Usually just reseating the ballast connector and the PIB solves that. The ballast connector is in a difficult spot: you can see it from the rear but only a child's hand could get at it. Lifting the lamp fan assembly a bit allows access to release the holddown screws and upplug/plug it a few times. Lifting the fans requires the rear cover be pulled back a bit by undoing the upper corner brackets. The fans can get quite clogged with oily dust: If so I take the opportunity to remove and disassemble the fans and clean the rotor vanes and housings.

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-04-2019 06:40 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I replaced the lamp ballast today and so far so good.

Scott Christopher
Film Handler

- posted 09-13-2019 09:03 PM      Profile for Scott Christopher   Email Scott Christopher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've found re-seating the power connector behind the rear door (RHS) normally solves this issue. I have noticed very little effort is required to unplug/plug this connector. It may be worth disassembling the connector and tightening the contacts.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: