Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Nagra myCinema

Author Topic: Nagra myCinema
Bradley J Sime
Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2019 02:20 PM      Profile for Bradley J Sime   Author's Homepage   Email Bradley J Sime       Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone using this service? Thoughts?

|  IP: Logged

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 08-02-2019 03:13 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is it supposed to do? Never heard of it before just now, but all I can find about it is some press releases that say something vague about interconnecting theatres for videogames(?), followed by several paragraphs about how wonderful it is.

So this thing is... a fancy modem? A service like Twitch? Something else entirely?

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 08-02-2019 04:10 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another alternative content distributor. I am excited...

- Carsten

Ed Gordon
Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2019 04:45 PM      Profile for Ed Gordon   Email Ed Gordon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the information available is pretty vague, and spread out over several websites. It appears to be an alternative for independent theaters to present content via the internet using Nagra equipment. At cinemaalliance.org it is described as follows:

quote:

NAGRA myCinema

myCinema enables owners and operators to schedule and promote music events, sporting events, opera, ballet, Broadway, first-run independent film, re-releases of some of the best known and beloved film franchises, cinematic TV, eSports, content from around the globe, and more. Featuring excellent quality presentation of the best available content, the NAGRA solution will empower cinema owners to increase their revenue and expand the entertainment services they provide to their existing and growing base of customers. Launching this year in North America, the NAGRA service leverages the best available streaming, sound, data/recommendations, loyalty programs and high-value content security solutions, pioneered by NAGRA and its technology experts.

Web-based Marketplace
Alternative Content & Live Events
Broadband-based Solution + Free Broadband Enabled Device
Live Music Events, Sporting Events, Broadway Shows, Faith-based Programming, Independent Films, E-sporting Events/Leagues, etc.
Content Promotion & Marketing Support – Exhibitor Relations
Best Available Streaming, Sound, Data, Recommendations
Loyalty Program Solution Included

For more information, visit www.mycinema.live.

At mycinema.live it is described as:

quote:
At the NAGRA Kudelski Group, the myCinema team is dedicated to innovation in community entertainment. We are bringing an unparalleled amount of quality content, both live and studio recorded, into the cinema. Our goal is to get people off their couches and phones and into the community centers we all love: the cinema.

myCinema is Content as a Service (CaaS) in the form of an online marketplace that brings together content creators, cinema owners, and movie lovers into conversations about entertainment. The myCinema team at NAGRA has assembled a large selection of content: live music, Broadway, e-sports events, opera, ballet, sporting events, as well as classic and independent films from a variety of genres. We are assembling a growing library of diverse and outstanding entertainment content that will appeal uniquely to local fandoms and diverse niche communities.

myCinema puts cinema owners and managers in control of their community's entertainment experience. We seek to make cinema owners the local host of the best content for the most active fandoms in their respective communities.

Apocalypse Now Final Cut (4K UHD) is being presented through this program in my area in 5 theaters within 50 miles of my home. Most venues are relatively small and they all appear to be independent. The largest venue in Seattle is the Cinerama.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 08-02-2019 05:15 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did it take Nagra this long to quit making tape recorders?

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 08-02-2019 05:40 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They still make them - among other things. Don't know what drove them to enter the area of alternative content for cinemas.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 08-02-2019 07:17 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although they use the same logo, I don't know if the video/hifi division is in any form related to this NAGRA nowadays (think Datasat), which we also know from NagraVision, a content protection scheme used primarily on cable and satellite subscription services.

Matt Fields
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-03-2019 08:51 PM      Profile for Matt Fields   Email Matt Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have installed a couple of these boxes for a customer...it is a small android streaming device. I don't know how good the content is but the device has been issue free so far.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: