Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Macros Cues create for 4k enable in dcp2k4

Author Topic: Macros Cues create for 4k enable in dcp2k4
Annli Com
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-19-2019 02:48 AM      Profile for Annli Com   Author's Homepage   Email Annli Com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Freinds
Any option to create a macro cues for 4K Enable at DCP2K4 Show playlist properties ?

Please check the images.
 -
Thanks In advance

ShibuPaul

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 07-19-2019 05:18 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If memory serves, I used to put a default cue with a "force 4K" command in it so every playlist would be 4K - 2K content would be automatically rescaled. I do not think the average cinema would change that option based on content properties so 4K content would end up being played in 2K.

My "Force 4K" macro was the following

quote:
<AutomationCueMacro>
<Name>Force_4K</Name>
<Id>urn:uuid:5de9d06f-1b65-4947-a31a-821849d52882</Id>
<CommandList>
<Command>
<Type>DeviceRawSendMessage</Type>
<AnnotationText>SET_4K_MODE_ON</AnnotationText>
<DeviceName>Certainty</DeviceName>
<MessageType>text</MessageType>
<Message>29,CTRL,1,S4KMODE 0 1,N,??,\r\n</Message>
</Command>
</CommandList>
</AutomationCueMacro>

Obviously the ID should be unique for you. You'll find the Set_4K_Mode_On command in the Certainty library anyway. Nothing special.

I then added this macro in the "Default_cues.xml" file.

Bear with me, this was a few years ago, I do not know if the software has changed today and this may work differently.
To check 4K playback, I believe the projector will tell you the input somewhere or you could use a 4K framing chart with fine details and check on screen.

Annli Com
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-19-2019 06:01 AM      Profile for Annli Com   Author's Homepage   Email Annli Com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Marco Giustini

Thank you for replay , i found at library section of Doremi new version include the cue facility at Library > certainty.4K Enable/Off.
only for IMB.

Regards
ShibuPaul.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 07-19-2019 06:32 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The DCP2K4 server is a larger chassis version of the DCP2000 server, and uses a dual SDI cable link for image data to the projector. This link can not carry the data bandwidth needed for 4K playback.
You server will not playback 4K resolution. It will play 4K DCPs but only at 2K resolution.

An internal server or an external server with IMB internal media block is required to play 4K resolution (only on a 4K projector of course).

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 07-19-2019 08:13 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I gave for granted that we were talking about an IMB. I didn't know the software would even allow the 4K option on a Dolphin system.

Annli Com
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-19-2019 08:41 AM      Profile for Annli Com   Author's Homepage   Email Annli Com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Systom is DOREMI DCP2K4 With Doremi Imb Connect via PCI Express card to CP4230.

ShibuPaul

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 07-19-2019 09:27 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Officially, that is known as a "Showvault/IMB" system. Even if it started life as a DCP2K4...once the Dolphin board was removed and the IMB added, it changed to being a Showvault.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 07-20-2019 08:58 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've not seen that playlist property choice. I believe we just load a 4K DCP, and it plays in 4K.
Not sure why you would force 4K for a 2K DCP.

Annli Com
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-20-2019 09:21 AM      Profile for Annli Com   Author's Homepage   Email Annli Com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Dave Macaulay

Christie projector IMB 4K Mode On option only work after push/cues via enable.
 -

Regards
ShibuPaul

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 07-20-2019 10:56 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. I'm not a Christie guy. Doremi used to have a 4K license for the IMB, may still exist? But with Barcos it originally forced 2K playback in 4K and gave a very weird image (can't recall exactly but it was 1/4 of the 2K image projected)so it would need to be deleted for a 2K projector.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 07-20-2019 02:58 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
4K licence is indeed required or it won't play 4K - again, you'll need a detailed 4K framing chart to assess. Alternatively you can look into the Barco signal path.

Dave, That happens when you play 2K using a 4K macro on the projector (4K source file if not mistaken).

I hope nowadays you can set the source file to auto and that would sort it out BUT if you force 4K on the SERVER and play 4K macro on the Barco, it'll always be good. That's why I ended up forcing 4K on the media block.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: