Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Problem with convergence CP2215

Author Topic: Problem with convergence CP2215
Nguyen Jack
Film Handler

- posted 07-09-2019 10:42 PM      Profile for Nguyen Jack   Email Nguyen Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi everyone,

I get problem with system CP2215. When i checking the DMD convergence it's shook all the time (see the video: https://youtu.be/QvDC4X8wHZ4
I have change the New LE but still problem
Everyone can let me solution to check and fix it.
Thanks

|  IP: Logged

German Marin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2019 03:24 AM      Profile for German Marin   Email German Marin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The problem is the vibration, there is a LOT of vibration. The exhaust system must not be in direct contact with projector.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 07-10-2019 04:12 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most likely source is indeed the ventilation system, but also check other potential vibration sources. Also check your lens mount.

Cold airco inlets in front of the porthole/booth window also often cause an instable picture, but this doesn't look like it's heat related.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2019 10:04 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, it's a vibration issue. Convergence looks pretty perfect. I agree with the suggestion to check your lens mount. If the boresight set screws are not snugged back up against the projector after adjusting boresight, the lens mount will bounce around like crazy. That or the exhaust are the likely culprits.

Nguyen Jack
Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2019 10:13 PM      Profile for Nguyen Jack   Email Nguyen Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have checked all, I turn off all Fan but still problem, i checked lens mount (Take all drew and take off it) but still problem.

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 07-11-2019 11:57 PM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The vibration could be in the projector base or floor. Hold the lens in your hands and see if the vibration goes away. You have to be creative in these cases.

John Thomas
Film Handler

- posted 07-17-2019 09:24 AM      Profile for John Thomas   Email John Thomas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To add to Sam's advice:

Put your hand on the lens while the projector is running and feel the vibration. Then shut the projector completely down and feel again whether the vibration is the same. This way you will know if an internal fan is causing the vibration or if it is being caused externally, and then go from there.

Matthew Heuer
Film Handler

- posted 07-17-2019 05:00 PM      Profile for Matthew Heuer   Email Matthew Heuer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have trouble sensing the vibration by feel there are phone apps that do a pretty good job at sensing vibration. You could set the phone on the lens and or projector top and compare with the projector off vs running. If you have other units compare it to those as well. Depending on the frequency of your vibration it should show up, there may be certain higher frequency vibrations that may not show up as well, but it's worth a shot. Just be careful your phone doesn't slide off the lens!

Danial Simmonds
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-19-2019 08:48 AM      Profile for Danial Simmonds   Author's Homepage   Email Danial Simmonds   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I have seen this issue before, first make sure the boresight is tightly locked down, second check the fans look for any abnormal vibrating fans such as the lamp or card cage, third the exhaust system should not be mounted onto the projector.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: