Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Missmatched Watermarking technology

Author Topic: Missmatched Watermarking technology
Annli Com
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-14-2019 11:36 PM      Profile for Annli Com   Author's Homepage   Email Annli Com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any alternate version available ?
" A Firmware Update failed because of a Missmatched Watermarking technology" log massage after update FW Version Doremi DCP2000.

ShibuPaul

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 06-15-2019 06:58 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Contact Dolby support for the fix. You need to ingest an extra DLM and maybe a package, but I think you just reingest the firmware package with the additional DLM and reboot.

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-15-2019 01:46 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At one time there were two different versions of firmware depending on which watermarking tech is being used by the Dolphin card. Cinvolution or Doremi's own. You may have downloaded the incorrect version.

I know with the showvault and IMB they were able to combine the two versions into one release for more recent releases. Not sure if that is the same for the Dolphin card or not.

Annli Com
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-15-2019 10:53 PM      Profile for Annli Com   Author's Homepage   Email Annli Com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Problem Detect Only Dolby Water maked Dolphincards.

Regards
ShibuPaul

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-15-2019 11:09 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is the version number you are trying to upgrade too?

Annli Com
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-16-2019 12:58 AM      Profile for Annli Com   Author's Homepage   Email Annli Com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trying Version is 21.03z. Run Software version is 2.8.20-0.

Regards
ShibuPaul

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 06-16-2019 04:49 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Dave is right, watermarking was changed to doremi at some point so you’ll need to acquire a DLM to change the watermarking type.

I may be mistaken though, that was some time ago.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 06-16-2019 07:06 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a training document from Doremi explaining the different watermarking technologies, which board types, firmware versions, E-SNs are involved, etc. However, it is not targeted at solving that specific mismatch issue yourself.

Contact Dolby about it directly at cinemasupport<at>dolby.com

- Carsten

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 06-16-2019 11:04 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably I was too brief.
This has occurred several times for me. It's resolved as I described: contact Dolby (email above) and explain the problem, include the eSN of the Dolphin card - and attaching a diagnostic report can't hurt.
They get back pretty quickly (during California business hours) with a DLM "Configure_WatermarkDoremi_sbc405.dlm_xxxxx.drm".
You just ingest this DLM along with the normal firmware DLM (if the ones you previously used have expired) plus the firmware package, reboot, and all is good.

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-19-2019 08:26 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have the credentials to login to get the DLMs from Dolby you will see there are DLMs for dolphin_21.03z-c or dolphin_21.03z-d the difference is c=cinveloution and d=doremi watermarking.The diagnostic tool will tell you which is installed on your Dolphin card.

If you do not have the ability to login and download the DLMs on your own contact Dolby support as others have suggested.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: