Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Transferring Files from Christie IMB to IMS2000

Author Topic: Transferring Files from Christie IMB to IMS2000
Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2019 06:08 PM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are trying to move test files from the two different projectors, one with a Christie IMB, the other a new IMS2000.

Both IMB's ETH 2 and both NAS Port 2 are connected to a switch and have the same subnet ( 10.202.100.xx )

I can successfully ping everything and can even FTP into the Christie IMB from the IMS but cannot transfer anything. The IMS content manager gives an error of RETR 550, which appears to be a file permissions error, but checking the permissions remotely from Terminal, everything looks as it should.

Anything more I can try before throwing in the towel on this?

|  IP: Logged

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 06-12-2019 07:04 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Error #550 can also mean "file or folder not found."

Although, I'm sure you are typing file paths names correctly it pays to double check.

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2019 01:54 PM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Randy.

I've tried accessing every directory that is listed and still met with the RETR 550 error. I can access /Public with no issues, but trying to ingest from that directory doesn't work as no files are listed on the Ingest Window of the IMS.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 06-13-2019 11:03 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Things like this make you feel like chmod everything 777! [Wink]

No! Don't really do that! It's supposed to be a joke.
You could seriously bork your system if you do things like that without knowing what you're doing.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 06-14-2019 01:39 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What FTP client are you using? And have you tried using another FTP client? Maybe this one is messing up stuff... wouldn't be the first time either.

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-14-2019 11:24 AM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd thought about using chmod 777 but like you said, who knows what that would do to the inner workings of the file system.

Marcel, I'm using Filezilla on a laptop to transfer to the files over to the external hard drive. I tried FTP into the Christie using the IMS2000 terminal and was looking around in there with that as well.

The error seems to be associated with the Content Feed Manager on the IMS. Interestingly enough, I can see the contents on the IMS from the Christie, but any attempts to ingest remotely from the IMS are met with an error.

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 06-14-2019 11:33 AM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What about using a terminal-based (text based) ftp program so you can see the actual errors in their original form as they are sent to your client?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: