Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Switching lamp houses in a barco dp2000

Author Topic: Switching lamp houses in a barco dp2000
Koroye Seitonkumo
Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2019 07:57 AM      Profile for Koroye Seitonkumo   Email Koroye Seitonkumo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

I have just received a call from a friend who is on his way with a barco do 2000 to my site at the moment.. their lamp in their Projector won't come up and he is going to try to switch the lamp houses in my own projector into his and try out to see if this works for them so he knowws what to order.. Could this be a risky favour I am trying to offer them?

|  IP: Logged

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 06-10-2019 08:09 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just in case there is something wrong with the SPG or LPSUs in his projector that could be damaging bulbs and/or the lamp info module, I'd suggest that you let him try his lamphouse in your projector, but not the other way round. If it strikes OK, then the problem is definitely in his projector. If it doesn't, then he likely has a bad bulb (unless there is a visibly obvious problem with the lamphouse, e.g. corroded contacts or a heat damaged flylead), plus he could have a problem in his projector that has damaged it.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: