Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Best Regal Cinema in Denver area

Author Topic: Best Regal Cinema in Denver area
Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-01-2019 10:06 PM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had gotten some Regal Cinema gift cards for Christmas and will be in Denver this weekend. Figured it would be a good time to use them. Is there a particular Regal Cinema or United Artists theater that anyone can recommend? My motel is in Stapleton so any location within the Denver area is fine.

Thank You.

|  IP: Logged

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 05-02-2019 06:27 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I "whatsapped" (or whatever it's called) a friend that lives in Aurora. When I asked him if he knows a good Regal Cinema around him, this is what I got:

quote:

Are you serious?
OMG
You ARE serious, aren't you?
The one at SouthGlenn used to be good, until Regal killed it off.
If you want to go to a special theater, you should go to the Mayan.

I'm just the messenger. [Wink]

Bill Brandenstein
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2019 04:27 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's really funny... Regal is tepid everywhere I've ever known of them.

I don't live in the area, but the last time I went to a movie near Denver was when we drove 3 hours to Regal UA Colorado Center & IMAX to see Interstellar in 15/70, only to arrive and find the projector broke down. To this day they've not fixed it. So we saw it in one-eyed 2K LieMax. I've told this story here before.

Just pick something, as IMO it's a crap shoot. Actually, try Yelp to improve your odds.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-03-2019 05:26 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even brand new Regal sites are uber lame.

Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2019 01:15 PM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the help everyone. Just so happens the Residence Inn my wife had booked was literally within a mile of Harkins Cine Capri and we went there. Had been there quite a few times before and its always been good. I really enjoy the curtain and big scope screen and sound was good. No complaints.

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2019 02:29 PM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoever gave you Regal gift cards should probably be scratched off your list of friends/family.

There are not many, if any, Regal Cinemas here in northern NJ, but the few I have been to in Pennsylvania left a lot to be desired.

Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2019 02:57 PM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lol actually not so much in my case. They are from my sister who lives in Wichita Ks which has two Warren Theater locations that just got bought out by Regal. They are very good theaters but I can only visit them when I go see my sister, which is rare. The two times ive visited since then has been good and everything is still the same except different cups and opening welcome clip.

Ive never been to a traditonal Regal Cinema but I will for sure avoid them at all costs!

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 05-06-2019 03:10 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
People phone me on a semi-regular basis asking if I take Cineplex or Landmark gift cards. Answer: No.

Some of them sincerely have great difficulty understanding that my theatre really isn't part of a chain.

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 05-06-2019 04:22 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's like the people who call me and ask "Are you the movie theatre?" Of "What time is the Avengers playing" without even asking if we are showing the Avengers.

People a hard time understanding anything.

Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2019 05:30 PM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems in general the internal workings of a cinema, any cinema, is entirely lost on the public.

William Kucharski
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-08-2019 09:06 PM      Profile for William Kucharski   Email William Kucharski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too late now, but IMHO for IMAX, the Regal IMAX Colorado Boulevard.

For RPX, the Regal Continental.

For anything else, the Regal Continental is still my favorite.

For those outside the area, the Denver Metro area is about 55/45 AMC/Regal with two Harkins Theaters and third coming soon.

FWIW, the Regal IMAX didn't just never repair their film projector, they removed it, thus Dunkirk showed in Denver in digital only, which is why I saw it at the Regal Continental instead, from 70mm film.

As far as I know the Regal Continental and the AMC Westminster 24 are the Denver Metro area's only remaining 70mm film venues.

Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-10-2019 05:10 PM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for chiming in William. Some good info.

Buck Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-10-2019 07:19 PM      Profile for Buck Wilson   Email Buck Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regal: Where theaters go to die

It's just a matter of time before they let the Warren locations fall into disrepair

Though to be fair, since the Cineworld buyout they do seem to actually be investing a bit into the theaters, though it's still early yet to see how that trends

Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2019 07:23 PM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im afraid for the Warren locations too Buck. They are very special to me, with the Warren West being one ive been too hundreds of times. Im sure its only a matter of time.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: