Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Projector tail light

Author Topic: Projector tail light
Koroye Seitonkumo
Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2019 04:48 AM      Profile for Koroye Seitonkumo   Email Koroye Seitonkumo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I am trying to install my barco dp2000.. we haven't been able to get the server and the projector to see themselves, but we however have a red projector tail light.. any thoughts?

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 04-24-2019 05:05 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if you cannot identify what that light means, it means you are lacking the software to connect to the projector. And that you shouldn't be really doing what you are doing to be honest.

Anyway, you'll need a copy of the Communicator software to setup and diagnose the projector.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 04-24-2019 06:23 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A red tail light indicates a serious problem, but it can be so many issues, it's pretty pointless to start just guessing what it is. It's no need to start to panic just yet though, since it's most likely due to an incomplete setup.

Like Marco indicated, the communicator software allows you to access the logs and status indicators of your projector, including those that trigger the red tail light.

Furthermore, I agree with Marco's assessment. You're dealing with pretty specialized hard- and software, not your average home gear you probably can setup yourself with a little bit of fiddling around. You should consider getting a tech on-site that at the very least, can do the basic setup for you and get you through the basic concepts of the machines and software involved.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 04-24-2019 02:17 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A red tail light indicates you probably can't play anything. If you remove the lamphouse it goes red, for example. I think an expired lamp will cause a red light as well. New lamps must be entered into the projector software when installed to set up the correct power settings and reset the hour counter.
If the projector has a secure "Gore Board" card and it was left unpowered for a long time (6 months I think?) the board can lose its certificates and RTC and that gives a red light - maybe a dead board can be revived by Barco, I don't know. I do know new ones are $$$$.
The red light may just indicate the security enclosure was opened for some reason. You need the Dallas key to clear that: touch it to the socket on the projector, the format buttons should go amber. Then key in the passcode using the format buttons within 5 seconds. All the buttons need to work, and old projectors usually have at least some dead. If the buttons flash red when you touch the socket, the Dallas key's numbers have to be entered in the system. If they flash red after entering the passcode ... some buttons may be dead, the passcode has been changed, or you took too long. Green flash means it went OK.
To enter a new Dallas key or change the passcode to work around dead buttons you must use Barco DC Communicator either on a connected PC or on a Barco DCTP touchpanel.
You really (really!) need Communicator to set up and maintain the projector. For initial setup you can use serial communication (ie if you don't know its IP address) but connected via network it's a lot faster.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 04-24-2019 04:04 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to Koroyes other posts, this machine would have undergone a full service before shipping.

Whatever, he needs a Barco tech (certified or not, but capable) for the initial installation and setup.

- Carsten

Koroye Seitonkumo
Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2019 06:20 PM      Profile for Koroye Seitonkumo   Email Koroye Seitonkumo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, the lamp didn't go off.. the video stopped projecting while the lamp was still on.. we got audio our using a dBx drive rack Venu 360, and pin out information from GDC... We have L C R and sub at the moment.. picture quality is amazing.. we will be showing avengers from Friday all things being equal.. we will run the projector all day tomorrow to see how things play out.. the red tail light didn't stop anything.. the error message is a security one asking us to authorize.. he says we can't clear it without a touch panel.. I will love any advice here.. while we proceed with testing..

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2019 06:33 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You need to use the Dallas key and then enter the pin code using the numbered preset buttons. No touchpannel needed. Sorry we are not allowed to post passwords here. Make sure the metal covers are fully closed and all the tongs are in the slots and the covers at the top are flush.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: