Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Barco Series 4 (Page 0)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: Barco Series 4
Tom Bert
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-09-2019 07:50 AM      Profile for Tom Bert   Email Tom Bert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For calculation/evaluation of any projector/lens/screens combinations, we have our online tool: https://www.barco.com/HtmlApplications/DigitalCinemaCalculator/index.html

|  IP: Logged

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 12-11-2019 06:46 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just received an emergency service bulletin from Barco, advising that any SP4K projectors running software version 1.1.4 should be downgraded to 1.0.11 urgently and ASAP. This is because they have found a bug in 1.1.4 that can "create a failure in the unit due to light engine cooling." 1.1.4 has been pulled from the website, and 1.0.11 is available to download there, for those who need it.

Tom Bert
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-13-2019 12:58 AM      Profile for Tom Bert   Email Tom Bert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Leo Enticknap
Just received an emergency service bulletin from Barco, advising that any SP4K projectors running software version 1.1.4 should be downgraded to 1.0.11 urgently and ASAP. This is because they have found a bug in 1.1.4 that can "create a failure in the unit due to light engine cooling." 1.1.4 has been pulled from the website, and 1.0.11 is available to download there, for those who need it.
Did you get that from Barco, or from Cinionic?

Barco will send out an InfoT advising to upgrade to 1.1.5 (or downgrade for those who feel more comfortable with 1.0.11), which came online today.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 12-17-2019 07:22 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Peter Montoulieu
Film Handler

- posted 12-17-2019 09:13 AM      Profile for Peter Montoulieu   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Montoulieu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Tom,

I am commissioning the first sp4k15 that has gone into a home.

https://wallscreen-skylounges.com/carl-fisher-estate-gets-rgb-laser-upgrade

The projector is excellent, one of the best-designed projectors out there.

The red convergence could be improved.

I am having issues with the 3d via HDMI.
AG in Sacramento mentioned that I had to to do the updates in order to fix some 3D bugs.

I believe the recall of 1.14 may have preempted the fixes AG referenced to.

Using pinouts 7 conn synch + and 14 conn synch - we are unable to properly display the 3D L test pattern using expand48 settings. This is using a volfoni rf50 emitter that worked on the previous dp-1500.

In addition, an edid issue on HDMI b is preventing 3D authentication on the oppo 3d player. Please look into this.

Rick Cohen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-18-2019 12:14 PM      Profile for Rick Cohen   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is big.

https://www.boxofficepro.com/cinemark-signs-10-year-exclusive-agreement-with-cinionic-for-barco-laser/

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 12-18-2019 01:22 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I’m still confused of what Cinionic is and what is its relationship with Barco.

Tom Bert
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-19-2019 05:16 AM      Profile for Tom Bert   Email Tom Bert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
believe the recall of 1.14 may have preempted the fixes AG referenced to.

In addition, an edid issue on HDMI b is preventing 3D authentication on the oppo 3d player. Please look into this.

Did you try upgrading to 1.1.5?

Peter Montoulieu
Film Handler

- posted 12-23-2019 10:33 AM      Profile for Peter Montoulieu   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Montoulieu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom, I will go looking for 1.15.

Cheers!

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 12-24-2019 01:09 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had a report of an SP4K-12C on 1.1.5 refusing to change inputs from HDMI to DCP, saying "player - IMB error - format configuration failed" in the ICMP UI's transport page. Problem can only be fixed by putting the projector into eco mode and then starting it up again: rebooting the ICMP by itself doesn't fix it. Happens sometimes but not always when switching from a macro that calls for HDMI input to one with media player input.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-24-2019 09:26 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like the 1st year is a beta year rule continues.

Peter Montoulieu
Film Handler

- posted 12-26-2019 09:52 PM      Profile for Peter Montoulieu   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Montoulieu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because my hdmi signal is UHD and I am projecting on a scope screen with the lumagen doing the automatic aspect ratio correction I require a PICTURE Masking file masked to 1,692 pixels by 3840. I save the file to a unique name. Everything is masked perfect, but when I call the macro with the Picture file I just saved, all the masking disappears.

The 3d hdmi edid 3d incompatibility player error continues, have not had a chance to try the 3d yet.

Tom Bert
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-30-2019 11:33 AM      Profile for Tom Bert   Email Tom Bert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Peter Montoulieu
Because my hdmi signal is UHD and I am projecting on a scope screen with the lumagen doing the automatic aspect ratio correction I require a PICTURE Masking file masked to 1,692 pixels by 3840. I save the file to a unique name. Everything is masked perfect, but when I call the macro with the Picture file I just saved, all the masking disappears.
It is best you share log files for us to check, Peter.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-30-2019 11:40 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom,

Any plans to make the web interface for both the projector and the ICMP-X a responsive design, meaning the web page automatically adapts to the resolution of the device you are using? Both web interfaces are pretty much useless on a mobile phone, and that can be a big setback for those of us who provide remote support after hours.

Thanks!

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 12-30-2019 10:29 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had to open a ticket with Cinionic over the error C10999 / IMB format configuration failed, when switching from HDMI to server playback mentioned above. Couldn't see any apparent cause using the online log analyzer. Hopefully they'll be able to figure it out from the diagnostics zip.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: