Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Problem with Dolby CP850 auto mute auto about 5-7 seconds (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Problem with Dolby CP850 auto mute auto about 5-7 seconds
Nguyen Jack
Film Handler

- posted 02-24-2019 10:50 PM      Profile for Nguyen Jack   Email Nguyen Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

I get problem with Dolby CP850, the Cp850 auto mute all channel about 5 - 7 seconds then unmute.
Everyone can help and let me know solution to check and fix it.
It is using with Christie IMB.
Version software: 2.1.0
Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 02-25-2019 04:29 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

How do you know it is thew 850 muting the channels and not something else on the chain? Do you see the MUTE button flashing red on the front panel?

Nguyen Jack
Film Handler

- posted 02-25-2019 04:38 AM      Profile for Nguyen Jack   Email Nguyen Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Marco,

Hello,

I see the MUTE button flashing red on the front panel.

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-25-2019 09:28 AM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, that's strange! Is the CP850 just playing AES/EBU audio, or Atmos, or something else? Under what circumstances does it do this? Is the CP850 connected to Ethernet so it could get automation commands? I don't remember if the CP850 has logging, but if so, it would be interesting to know what the log says.

Good luck!

Harold

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 02-25-2019 10:13 AM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is the CP 850, AND IMS powered thru a UPS?

A momentary power glitch (even one not long enough to interrupt playback or make the projector lamp go out) could cause this problem.

If the equipment is on a UPS, when was the last time the battery was changed?

(Troubleshooting 101, start with the simple things first.)

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 02-25-2019 12:34 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you should consider have the logs inspected. If the mute button engages, something will be logged in the logs.

Nguyen Jack
Film Handler

- posted 02-25-2019 08:51 PM      Profile for Nguyen Jack   Email Nguyen Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tony,

All equipment on UPS. CP850 and Christie IMB installed on November 2016.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 02-26-2019 08:01 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does this happen on all shows?

And how is the CP850 hooked up to the IMB?

How are you sending macros? Over IP or over serial?
Is there anything connected to the CP850 GPIO?

Nguyen Jack
Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2019 03:59 AM      Profile for Nguyen Jack   Email Nguyen Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Marcel,

CP850 connect with IMB over IP, use IP for send marco.
Don't using GPIO on CP850

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 02-27-2019 07:43 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you check your server logs it's not inadvertently sending a MUTE cue to your audio processor?

I've seen something similar on a CP650, which would sometimes seemingly randomly switch into mute on all channels. In this case, it was caused by a bad amplifier, which apparently triggered some self-preservation mechanism in the audio processor.

Nguyen Jack
Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2019 10:30 PM      Profile for Nguyen Jack   Email Nguyen Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Marcel,

The logs file don't see mute cue, I upgraded new software 2.3.1 lastday.
Hope will be fix the problem.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 02-28-2019 04:17 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you find anything else in the logs? As the MUTE button engages, I'd expect to see something in the logs to be honest - such as something crashing or similar.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 02-28-2019 04:37 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if the update doesn't fix the problem, try to run it with all amplifiers switched off. Just to make sure it's not the same issue I've once encountered with a CP650.

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-28-2019 10:14 AM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does the CP850 have a log? If so, it would be interesting to see what's there. Also, is this a new problem on an existing installation, or is it a new installation? Finally, I had a problem with some JSD-100 units muting on loud audio near Las Vegas NV. Looking at Google Maps, I found the problem was worst in the auditoriums that were closest to a cell tower. Going to the site, I tried disconnecting various connections from the JSD-100. It turned out that the problem went away when I disconnected the HI/VI audio cable. At that time, the JSD-100 HI/VI audio went to some ADC inputs on the microcontroller to measure the HI/VI audio output levels. When there was loud audio (including on HI), the RF combined with the audio to force ESD protection diodes in the microcontroller into conduction. This "scrambled" I/O making it look like the mute button was being pushed. In the field, I added series resistor in each of these audio lines at the JSD. Since the input impedance of the IR panel is high, this did not affect the audio. It did, however, drop the RF voltage conducted into the JSD. We then made a hardware and software change in the JSD. We improved the EMI filtering on the HI/VI outputs. We also removed the link back to the microcontroller ADC inputs and, instead, measure the HI/VI levels in the DSP. The JSD-100 measures audio levels (for the front panel bar graph) on the analog audio outputs on the rear panel. The JSD-60, designed later, reduced cost by measuring all audio levels in the DSP.

So, long story short, is it possible an RF signal is getting into the CP850? Is the problem reproducilbe? Can stuff be disconnected and make the problem go away?

Good luck!

Harold

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 03-01-2019 01:57 AM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Marcel Birgelen
Well, if the update doesn't fix the problem, try to run it with all amplifiers switched off. Just to make sure it's not the same issue I've once encountered with a CP650.

Well that's gonna be kinda hard to do, running shows without sound to try to replicate an intermittent problem. [Roll Eyes]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: