Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » SRX-R815P software issues

Author Topic: SRX-R815P software issues
Fernando Caldeira
Film Handler

- posted 02-24-2019 08:18 AM      Profile for Fernando Caldeira   Author's Homepage   Email Fernando Caldeira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone,

So we just got the sony SRX-R815P because of the contrast problems we had. That problem is solved [Smile]

Now we got new problems.

We do mostly film festivals and sometimes we have realy long playlists.
Does anybody know how to see, wile edditing playlist, the CPLs you have already added.

This might not seem very important, but when you have 30 or 40 items it helps to know where you are [Smile] .

Thnk you,

Fernando

|  IP: Logged

Mete Tunca
Film Handler

- posted 02-24-2019 10:13 AM      Profile for Mete Tunca   Email Mete Tunca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Fernando,

I fell your pain!

There is nothing much you can do when your playlist becomes a Sony Barcode!

There is only one solution for that.

You have to use nested playlists.

Basically you create a pre-show playlist, intermission playlist and after show playlist if you have any. That way you can see the individual playlists and work on your cues properly.

When your SPL loaded, there is a "SPL Details" button on top right corner of the PlayBack section in the Main Auditorium Tab. You can only see the CPLs in your loaded SPL but there is nothing else to give you a hint if your cues are in the right spot or not. But you can see the order of the CPLs for that particular SPL.

Best option is to go with nested SPL if you are not using any other TMS to control your Screens but the SMS GUI.

SPL 1- Preshow Adv.
SPL 2- Preshow Trailer
SPL 3- Intermission
SPL 4- After Show etc

Main SPL = SPL 1 + SPL 2 +CPL(+SPL 3 as int) + SPL 4

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 02-24-2019 01:44 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Four ways:

1 - While editing the show, and when the server is not playing, you can click on 'Intermission Setup' top right - this will open the intermission setup, and the currently selected CPL will be shown full length at the top. Then just quit that window and continue editing. This is the fastest way while having the SPL editor open, so you can quickly rearrange items.
This will not work for Sub-SPLs, only for CPLs, and also not when the server is currently playing a show/CPL.

2 - exit SPL Editor, load the SPL you were just editing as if you would play it, click 'SPL Detail' - you will see a list view of the SPL items. This will also not work if the server is currently playing, as you can not load an SPL while another one is running. This list view will also not show cues, but that is no issue for us, as we never use cues within a main SPL, but only within SubSPLs. Therefore, if e.g. we use a scope cue, it will show up as a Scope (e.g. C51) sub SPL in that list.

3 - When finished editing the show, choose 'Schedule' -> 'New' -> Select an SPL and choose 'Details'. This will also work while another show is running. Exit that window with 'Cancel'.

4 - Some browsers will display the full CPL name in SPL Editor when you hover with the mouse over a timeline item. I don't know a full list of browsers supporting that feature, recent versions of Safari on a Mac do.
So, if you are setting up your shows remotely using a browser, this may work for you.

For shortfilm programs, I guess using sub-SPLs may be adequate. I know many colleagues are building preshow blocks like 'ads' 'trailers', etc., that allows to have fewer SPL items in the SPL editor for each block.

We also use the shortest possible names for subSPLs or CueSPLs, or our own CPLs/slides so we can even recognize them truncated.

- Carsten

Fernando Caldeira
Film Handler

- posted 03-06-2019 09:54 AM      Profile for Fernando Caldeira   Author's Homepage   Email Fernando Caldeira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys,

Will try this!

Cheers
Fernando

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 03-06-2019 08:35 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another hint - try categorizing your SPLs by preceding special chars:

. | { [ ] }

like |ShowStart or {Endcues

These will each serve as a spacer and allow to shift often used/rarely used SPLs or Sub-SPLs to the top or out of the way. Some people use AAA or ZZZ, but, I like these chars better. Other special chars work as well, but the ones I list use the smallest possible space in the timeline and thus cause less truncation.

- Carsten

Fernando Caldeira
Film Handler

- posted 03-11-2019 05:08 PM      Profile for Fernando Caldeira   Author's Homepage   Email Fernando Caldeira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Carsten.

Another one. Can you ingest more then one DCP at once from the same hard drive?

Ex, on the DOREMI I can jus select all the DCPs I have on a hard drive, click Ingest and go home. Now, as far as I know, I have to do it one by one. Any micracle hints?

Thank you again!
Fernando

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 03-11-2019 06:11 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, a Doremi will also just ingest more than one DCP sequentially. The Sony will do the same. After you click 'Ingest', you get confirmation and the ingest starts (see top right the percentage growing). If you choose another DCP and click ingest, it will be added to the ingest queue and ingested after the first one has finished. I regularly have 6-10 trailers, DCPs, etc. in my ingest queue when updating the weekly schedule. If you click on the progress button, the queue opens and you may cancle or pause ingests.

It may be that occasionally you get a warning after clicking 'ingest' saying that 'the SMS server may be busy...'. That is just a GUI flaw in the current software release, it will still ingest and you may add more ingests.

But, yes, there is no way to 'Ingest All' - you need to select and click 'ingest' for every DCP/package, so that takes a few seconds longer to get home.

- Carsten

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: