Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » No flow error in kinoton DCP70L projector

Author Topic: No flow error in kinoton DCP70L projector
Peter Fagan
Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2019 02:09 PM      Profile for Peter Fagan   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Fagan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guys.

I'm having a bit of an issue here with one of my series one kinoton projectors.this last while i have been getting a flow error message.once i bleed it it is fine for another day or 2 but i ordered a new pump from kinoton.installed it today but now i cant get the flow to go once i have everything connected up.if i bleed it out the light goes green again but once i connect the pipe to the light engine again & complete the loop again I'm getting the flow error message again.Any body come across this or have any ideas what to try as I'm kind of at a loss here now at the minute.Cheers.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 02-07-2019 05:46 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently was working on a DP2000 and had something similar. I noted on the coolant change that it really wasn't drawing the new coolant in as fast as normal.

I had to flush out the lines real well and then BOY did I have flow and a bazillion air bubbles. Took about 40 minutes to get them all out and it has been fine.

Perhaps have something similar. Also, don't discount the possibility of a bad flow meter (not knowing the type they are using).

Michal Matys
Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2019 02:01 AM      Profile for Michal Matys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

Had this few times on Kinotons, probably air is stuck in the engine. You can try to "flush" it with high preasure with destilated water, or just dont use original Kinoton pump since those are rather weak and buy new stronger garden pump and connect it to the projector, will work fine for several years after that for you. We have 30L projectors but I guess that should not make a difference.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 02-08-2019 01:42 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you bleed it and it's fine afterwards, but builds up over a short period again, it seems you've got a leak somewhere, that allows air to enter the system at a higher rate than usual.

But usually, where this happens, there is also a leak where you're losing a bit of coolant. Have you checked the inside of your machine for buildups of coolant residues?

I've never tried this myself, let alone on a projector, but I've head about people using colored UV activated dyes on all kinds of machinery together with UV spotlights, often used to find leaks in cooling systems of automobiles to locate coolant leaks.

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2019 02:01 PM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kinoton S1 coolant flow.

Make sure the pump is turned to full speed.

As said above, bleed, bleed and bleed again.

Replace the QD connectors, they age and restrict flow.

There is/was some sort of modified flow sensor for these, but I'd have thought they'd all have been changed by now.

We have been researching a chemical flush for these aging systems, not ready with it yet though.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: