Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » CP750 and DP2k-10s volume issue

Author Topic: CP750 and DP2k-10s volume issue
Ben Hodson
Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2019 05:30 AM      Profile for Ben Hodson   Email Ben Hodson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bit of an issue today with the CP750. With both the macros and the automation cues, if the projector tells the CP750 to go to vol 4.0 it will go to 0.4. Same for 4.4, but it goes to 4.2. All the rest are fine. Does anyone know a fix fr this?
Many thanks

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 02-06-2019 05:46 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You'd have to check the commands to see if they are mis-entered there. Did they used to work properly and then just stop?

Ben Hodson
Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2019 05:50 AM      Profile for Ben Hodson   Email Ben Hodson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All of them are assigned to the correct ones, just suddenly started going to 0.4, nothing changed or touched, just happened. Not a clue why.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 02-06-2019 10:39 AM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How old is your CP750?

Sudden erratic performance on any computerized device could indicate a failing power supply, something that Dolby is known for.

Also, if your CP750 runs very warm or hot in the rack, that can cause issues as well.

Check into it before it fails completely, and do it soon.

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2019 05:44 PM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if i am understood correctly only those two commands for level are suddenly set dolby diferent than it should, while rest are ok?

I would not expect some malfunction, as others are ok.....did you give a try to remove macros for that ones, and try to make new than.....?

Also, i would give a try with sending commands from putty or so, to see does it dolby set properly.....

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 02-07-2019 05:50 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DP2k-10s means, ICMP/Alchemy being the sender of the volume cues?

I would first try to set up a simple playlist with a range of different volume cues only and then inspect the CP750 reaction properly to find out a pattern. It is hard to believe that e.g. a bad power supply would only corrupt two of dozens of identical cues.

Do you have another CP750 for a swap?

- Carsten

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 02-07-2019 07:46 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd still want to see the commands being sent. Try exporting the XML file of the CP750 commands.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 02-08-2019 09:29 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some extra information would help all of us:

- Are you using the Barco Alchemy ICMP or another IMS or server to send the commands?
- Do you send the commands directly from the IMS/Server or is there another automation device in between?
- How are those devices connected? Via Ethernet / IP or via RS232?

quote: Tony Bandiera Jr
Sudden erratic performance on any computerized device could indicate a failing power supply, something that Dolby is known for.
Dolby nowadays doesn't design their own power supplies anymore, so their PSUs are just as shitty as all the rest out there. But I'd say, if it's a PSU issue, you would expect much more erratic behavior than just a few cues going bad.

Ben Hodson
Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2019 01:46 PM      Profile for Ben Hodson   Email Ben Hodson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the replies all - i'm still new to all this, lots yet to learn.

Our CP750 is less than a year old. I have deleted the macros and replaced them, no difference.

We're using a Doremi Showvault as the server and commands are sent via RS232. (through IMB in projector)

Thanks again for the replies.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 02-11-2019 04:46 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, first thing to check would be if the same commands through ethernet work, or fail the same way. Don't know if/how your CP750 is connected to an auditorium network. If it isn't, you may need the CP750 setup software to configure a suitable IP-Adress, and an ethernet cable to connect it. Nothing against RS232, but in a setup like this, using ethernet is the preferred connection method. Not that it's necessarily more reliable, but unless you have issues, I would use it over RS232 for CP control.

A side way until the issue is fully solved is of cause to simply not use those fader cues that fail. Who cares wether it's 4.2 or 4.3.

- Carsten

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: