Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Ingest of tms to GDC SX3000 issues.

Author Topic: Ingest of tms to GDC SX3000 issues.
Juan Jose Vazquez
Film Handler

- posted 01-28-2019 01:44 PM      Profile for Juan Jose Vazquez   Email Juan Jose Vazquez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just updated a GDC SX3000 server to Build 485 with its hotfix 2 but after updating the server you can not do content transfers from the TMS. A few days later, Hotfix 3 came out but I still can not transfer content. I use Screenwritter and obviously an SX3000 with Barco 20C. It is the only server that has this problem. In the other rooms there is SX2000AR and a Showvault. Does something similar happen to someone else?

Regards

Juan Jose

|  IP: Logged

Miguel Cruz
Film Handler

- posted 01-28-2019 06:04 PM      Profile for Miguel Cruz   Email Miguel Cruz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Juan Jose

Apprently GDC SX3000 in the build versión 485 have problems , when it works with TMS , was what they told me in support last week , recommend not update to that versión and wait for the new one.

Regards .

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 01-29-2019 01:35 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Might have to go into the computer with the TMS installed and go to services.msc/Transfer Service/GDC/ started.

Highlight started and stop this service, then restart.

Happens to us on a occasional basis where we shut down the services and restart them.

Juan Jose Vazquez
Film Handler

- posted 01-29-2019 06:32 PM      Profile for Juan Jose Vazquez   Email Juan Jose Vazquez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have done what to restart the transfer service in the tms and for the moment the transfers work correctly.
thanks to everyone.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-29-2019 07:05 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have Build 485 running on at least 40 SX-3000 and no issues at all, but minus any hot fixes. What you might try is reverting to an older Firmware version that did work for you. Just like you can do on the full size servers by tapping, I believe, the Delete key right at startup, it boots into a different sector containing a "restore to previous version" option. It will restore the server backwards, so be sure to save the setup before doing this! Its been years since I had to do this, in fact... before DCI Firmware and I have never tried doing it on an SX-3000. Anyway, it's possible you will lose all setting after the restore. You might also still have to manually set all the IP addresses, so take note of those as well...

Also, I rarely install a hot fix unless it specifically addresses a problem I am having. You have to check with GDC to see what the Hot Fixes actually fix. Usually they fix a very specific issue.

Mark

Juan Jose Vazquez
Film Handler

- posted 01-29-2019 09:16 PM      Profile for Juan Jose Vazquez   Email Juan Jose Vazquez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
in another cinema I have 6 SX3000, update only one server but in this case no problem happens and I also manage them using screenwritter.

Regards

Juan Jose

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 01-30-2019 02:07 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hotfixes reminds me of riding your bicycle through a patch of goatheads where you get many holes in the tube.

Instead of buying a new tube, you patch up all the holes over the old tube.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-31-2019 10:51 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A hot fix is usually a single fix to address a certain problem that someone with a lot of SX-3000's is having. Or sometimes pertaining to making it work a certain way on another makers TMS system, CInedigm for example.

Mark

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 01-31-2019 11:09 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the subject of which, it would be useful to know which TMS Juan is experiencing the bad interaction with the SX-3000/485h2. That would tell us if the bug just involves one specific IMS<>TMS combo, or if that hotfix appears to have broken the ability to ingest online from other sources as well.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: