Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » barco 2.8.83.0

Author Topic: barco 2.8.83.0
Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-24-2019 08:21 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to recieve from barco mails about new software.
its been long time so i check barco web site and found 2.8.83.0.

does anyone allready use it?

Mike Moreno
Mexico

|  IP: Logged

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 01-24-2019 09:41 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It came out about a month ago, and I held off installing it anywhere until earlier this week in case any reports of bugs surfaced (like the one in an earlier B & C series package that FUBAR-ed the smart maintenance reminders). None have, so I installed it at a site earlier this week during a planned maintenance visit. No reports of any problems or issues so far.

Juan Jose Vazquez
Film Handler

- posted 01-24-2019 11:05 PM      Profile for Juan Jose Vazquez   Email Juan Jose Vazquez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
apparently it came out about a month ago, the only detail that has happened to me with this update is that at the beginning of the show the projector shows only a blank image, this only in certain occasions and with equipment of the series "C"

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-25-2019 02:56 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't 2.8.83 allow for using Communicator to put in the security code for remarry? Communicator 5.12 allowed for it but the PIN wouldn't work on non-laser machines.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 01-25-2019 11:35 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe it's supposed to enable that on non-laser Series 2 Barcos, but I haven't tried it.

If it does, I predict that Barco's sales figures for replacement keypads are about to plummet. I did planned maintenance on an 11-plex earlier this week (9 x C series and 2 x B), and found bad buttons on three of the keypads, that had gone bad since last August. AFAIK, the buttons had not been touched at all in that time: changes of preset are all automated from the servers. It must have been the heat that killed them.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-25-2019 02:30 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leo...heads up on the keypad. I've found that sometimes oxidation on the ribbon connector for the keypad can cause them to not work (if groups of buttons are not working). Disconnect, clean with DeOxit and reconnect and see if they don't start working again.

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2019 04:23 PM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder --- Are the connectors for the keypad gold plated? These are typically very low current circuits (less than 1 mA).

Harold

Sergey Morozov
Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2019 06:08 PM      Profile for Sergey Morozov   Email Sergey Morozov   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've tried that new function. With 2.8.83 installed it works great!

Also I've found a little bug in 2.8.83. When I create diagnostic package from projector, I used to look into files in the package with any normal text viewer (except Notepad) for analyzing. So when I open hardware_info.txt now, it looks like all info in one string. All previous versions of Barco SW gives me normal view of this file with separate sections for every hardware. I've checked this on different Barco SW with 5.12.0 communicator. Bad view of that file present only when 2.8.83 is installed. Hope it will be fixed in next releases.

Also I found new file in log package - System information.txt
I've never seen it before.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 01-25-2019 09:38 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What happens if you open the package with the Barco log analyzer app? Any change or glitches?

Steve - many thanks for the suggestion. Will try this the next time I encounter a bad keypad (which, I've a feeling, won't be very far in the future!).

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2019 09:39 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Communicator comes with a diagnostic package reader.

Sergey Morozov
Film Handler

- posted 01-26-2019 10:12 AM      Profile for Sergey Morozov   Email Sergey Morozov   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Diagnostic package reader is not a superb tool for me, you know. I used to get full info about the system using my hands and text files.

Leo, if I open logfiles in the reader, everything is normal, same as before.
But diagnostic package reader never gets info from Hardware_info.txt file. It contains such specific data like serial numbers of the boards and so on.

Good luck)

Tim Sherman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-03-2019 05:48 PM      Profile for Tim Sherman   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Sherman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Use Notepad++ for a text editor. That seems to be the industry standard these days

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 02-08-2019 11:06 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2.8.86 was released last week. There are only four bullet points in the release notes: support for the Ushio DXL-40BAF/LU lamp has been added, plus three minor tweaks and bug fixes. It's nothing like as big of a version update as 2.7 to 2.8. My gut feeling is that if the projector is working without issue and you don't want to install the new bulb model, there's probably no need to worry about this one until the next planned maintenance "C".

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-20-2019 01:10 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 32B running 2.8.83 and Communicator software 5.12, and I can't find any place in the software to enter the marriage code. I even broke security to see if something would pop up on the touch panel when the Dallas Key is touched to the sensor, but nope. Where is this option found?

Edit: Of course the tenth time I scour all the menus I finally find it. For those curious, it's the button labeled "Onsite Marriage" under Diagnostics --> Actual.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: